Custom Rifle Options...

HvyBeams

Lil-Rokslider
I had Lane Precision build a rifle for me off of my customer supplied parts. He was responsive to questions and turn around time was excellent. I now have a rifle with the exact parts I wanted, I avoided part markup from the builder because he didn't have to invest his time and money into collecting the parts, and the accuracy is excellent.

300 win mag

Lil-Rokslider
well you have chosen your smith and from what i hear he is very good.there are quite a few excellent smiths out there.i had at one time alot of customs from guys who are retired now and 2 that still build rifles.my build ongoing now is jon beanland and another smith out there who knows how to put a lazer together the way you want it is matthew stewart also in oklahoma.i have always used a one man shop.but t stevens uses a heavy duty cnc for his chamberings and he builds awesome rifles and most likely can turn out builds quicker.ryan pierce is another of these young guys.

arios2

FNG
I just had Gunware build my most recent custom rifle and I couldn't be happier. TScustoms built my second to last custom but there turn around was 6 months. Gunware had it done in 1 month! They have a lot of custom rifle components in stock and Jessie is the guy to talk to. My vote is TScustoms or Gunware.
300winmag 20 inch barrel, shot .3 moa 3-shot groups, and .5 moa 5 shot groups with factory 178 eldm ammo.

IMG_0132.jpegIMG_0129.jpeg

OP
Barnesc6

Barnesc6

Lil-Rokslider
@BRTreedogs - actually ended up going with a build from Blue Mountain Precision... really wanted a chassis system. Pick it up today. Will post pics soon

OP
Barnesc6

Barnesc6

Lil-Rokslider
Defiance anTi action
Trigger Tech Special
XLR Carbon Fiber Element 3.0

OP
Barnesc6

Barnesc6

Lil-Rokslider
Question gents- I’ve set this scope twice now and I can’t seem to get an even reveal on my Hawkins Precision rings

Attachments

• 65291872-EC1C-4E06-BFEB-A973B62314CD.jpeg
    65291872-EC1C-4E06-BFEB-A973B62314CD.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 70
OP
Barnesc6

Barnesc6

Lil-Rokslider
The front rings have equal reveal both sides. The back rings have equal reveal both sides but the portion closest to the shooter is touching. It is also a much thinner reveal. Running a Leupold Mark 5... is the tube closest to the ocular lense smaller??

wapitibob

WKR
yikes
is it that far off just laying on the scope tube? Pretty much impossible to have the back end sit down like that unless the tube is crushed or the ring is fubared.

65291872-EC1C-4E06-BFEB-A973B62314CD.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
Barnesc6

Barnesc6

Lil-Rokslider
Set my wrench to 25inlbs per Hawkins- did even number of turns off set left to right to apply even pressure.. just the same as the front rings...? Tube doesn’t appear to be crushed at all