Custom Strings??

kamcgraw

Lil-Rokslider
I'm just curious to see who puts customs strings on their new bows, and who keeps the stock strings on. The past couple years I have used Winners Choice, but I may be looking for a change. I just ordered a Carbon Matrix G3 and I'm trying to decide what to do.

Usually the first thing I do. The stock strings then become back-ups in the event they are needed.

Parkinson's Precision Bowstrings is where I get mine, best strings I have shot and I used to shoot nothing but Winners Choice. Great guy to deal with as well.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I will be running the stock strings on my Defy this season, when it's time to replace I'll more than likely go with Winner's Choice. But have heard nothing but + things on Tom Parkinson's strings...

CaseyU

WKR
I have always changed mine out. and when i bought the carbon element 2011 (fuel cam) i did not. i had a g5 1/4" peep on there and i was shooting and had the string snap right at the peep at full draw. it left a dent in my arm. and about a month later my buddy was shooting his rampage with a 1/4" g5 and well sure enough. the bow flew about 100 yards when it snapped on his wrist. right at the peep. 2 in a month? good enought for me to never shoot a stock string with a g5 peep ever again. not bashing anybody, but that s*** hurt and have no intentions of doing it again haha. I have been very happy with winners choice.

We have a recently new site sponsor on here "Bluff Country Bowstrings"... here's a recent thread of his and he's very very reasonable. From what I've seen of his work on here, he'll be my next set of strings for sure. While his strings do indeed look like quality and he seems to have very good service, he's our only string sponsor here on Rokslide that is actively involved in the forum. Being a site sponsor myself I know how expensive forum advertising can be and how important it is to support the small businesses on here. :)

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?4799-A-few-pictures-of-my-work

bowuntr

WKR
I used to change out the stock strings before I even shot a new bow. I've been shooting a BowTech and their stock strings are just as good as any aftermarket strings. After they break in... zero strech. Another thing that I always do, is every spring I change my strings and cables, no matter. I put my bow through some abuse during hunting season and would not take a chance on any of my hunts with worn strings or cables. I have always gone with Winners Choice and feel no need to go shopping for another brand. ed F

I just got new ones while i was doing a job in Missouri. I happened to be working near St. josephs and had Mike Carter put a set of his on (crackerized). He doesnt do 8190X but the 452X are still nice.

I personally didn't care for the 8190x (had them on for about a month), so I went back to the 452x and they have been great!

weaver

WKR
I ordered a set from Bluff Country Bowstrings who sponsor this site. Specs were perfect and so far im very impressed.

I'm just curious to see who puts customs strings on their new bows, and who keeps the stock strings on. The past couple years I have used Winners Choice, but I may be looking for a change. I just ordered a Carbon Matrix G3 and I'm trying to decide what to do.

Don't do it with a new Hoyt. They just switched to 8190 this year; I have seen them being made at Hoyt. They are fantastic. They used to be kind of crappy, but not any more!

OP
kamcgraw

kamcgraw

Lil-Rokslider
Well I am reading nothing but great reviews on Bluff Country Bowstrings. I think once my bow arrives, you'll have my business.

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
Well I am reading nothing but great reviews on Bluff Country Bowstrings. I think once my bow arrives, you'll have my business.

Thanks, you won't be disappointed. My goal was never to be "just another string maker", I want to be a sought after producer of top notch, reliable strings. I wouldn't have come onto the website with the most equipment savvy bowhunters if I didn't.

sk1

WKR
anyone know if the vector turbo strings are 8190? or was that new just this year and not the last

I run factory strings for about 500 shots to get them settled in and worn so that IF I HAVE TO make a quick switch during season I am ready. I ran Winners Choice last year for the 8190X material but since Americas Best is using it I will be back over with them (OUT OF OHIO).

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
"8190x" is a Winners Choice only product. They put the "x" in it not BCY. I believe the "x" is their weatherlock stuff that they use but I am not 100% sure. Any strings from anyone else are straight up BCY 8190.