Customizing a mbg 5 pin

im interested in buying a custom mbg 5 or 4 pin ascent verdict sight for a vxr im going to be purchasing this thursday. Will be my first compound bow so im as green as it gets. Would like to hear how you guys have yours set up with pin size and colors. Will primarily be used for northeast ohio white tail and turkey at first but i plan on doing some 3d shooting and go out west for some hunts so i think the 4 or 5 pin is the best option. Do rokslide users get a discount from s&s? Thanks for your input

marktole

WKR
Rokslide/Archery Talk code for discount at S&S is "AT."

I like a 3 pin that I have setup as G R G, all .010, then pins zeroed at 25, 40, and 50 yards. This works great for me, but I also do not white tail hunt so the 4 or 5 pin with different pin yardages might be a better option for you. I like the .010 fiber optic size vs the .019 because they're not as bright and smaller, I feel like I can aim better with them.

I got the MBG I have now with their new dual indicator so I use the top pin as my floater. I used to use my bottom pin, but after having switched to the top pin I like it much better because I like the sight picture while aiming. I have my second pin available for use too, because there is a second red indicator there that tells me what yardage my second pin is now good for once I have moved the housing.

My bottom pin is rover. All 3 pins are .010 and they are G Y G. I am color blind so that is what I see best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

comitted

FNG
I just ordered a custom MBG from S&S. I hope you're not planning a hunt in the next 4-5 weeks because that's when they'll be shipping it. If it says add to cart they have it stocked and will ship it but a custom is made by MBG and they are busy this time of year.

I went with GYRG first 3 .019 last .01. 4 pin slider should cover my hunting mostly from a tree but would like to go out west and chase some animals.

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I use a 3 pin mbg from S&S. .19 green, .19 yellow, .10 green with my bottom as the rover. I mainly hunt whitetail in the timber so 20,30,40 cover me on that. If I set on the edge of a field I have time to dial.

OP
Whosweetlou
I use a 3 pin mbg from S&S. .19 green, .19 yellow, .10 green with my bottom as the rover. I mainly hunt whitetail in the timber so 20,30,40 cover me on that. If I set on the edge of a field I have time to dial.
Heard
I just ordered a custom MBG from S&S. I hope you're not planning a hunt in the next 4-5 weeks because that's when they'll be shipping it. If it says add to cart they have it stocked and will ship it but a custom is made by MBG and they are busy this time of year.

I went with GYRG first 3 .019 last .01. 4 pin slider should cover my hunting mostly from a tree but would like to go out west and chase some animals.
Thats the set up im going to order as well thanks for the heads up

Just ordered the custom 4 pin same combo, i knew i shouldnt have waited this long to do it. Will be doing business with s&s for anything i need in the future, everytime ive called them theyve been more than helpful

ncavi8tor

WKR
I'm running a 4 pin MBG. .19 G, .19 Y, .19 G, .10 G.

Rob at S&S is a great guy to do business with!! Highly recommend them!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk