Sold Cutco 5719H DD Hunting Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
clip-point-outdoor-knife-4.jpg

My personal one-owner knife. I used it on one trip only. It has been factory sharpened to a hair-popping edge. Absolutely clean and pristine with no damage or marks. Leather sheath as shown. Cutco lovers know what they're looking at here. These knives with the DD serrated edge cut thru tough muscle, tendons and ligaments with way less effort than a straight edge. They are $114 with shipping from Cutco. My price is $86 shipped anywhere in the USA.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the drop point version and it is an impressive knife. I also am a fan of the orange handle. Nothing worse than having to hike back in and look around the gut pile for your knife in the dark…

KClark

WKR
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What is the expense on resharpening directly from Cutco and some type of example of how much work could be done per sharpening? Thanks
Last time I sent one in sharpening was free but you needed to pony up 6 bucks for return shipping.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
What is the expense on resharpening directly from Cutco and some type of example of how much work could be done per sharpening? Thanks

Typically you can find a local cutco seller and they will come to your house and sharpen for free. Only cost would likely be the extra knives you send up buying.

JonS

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Why are you selling? I’ve never tried or thought I’d like a serrated blade for processing, feel free to change my mind.
Thanks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you selling? I’ve never tried or thought I’d like a serrated blade for processing, feel free to change my mind.
Thanks
5 elk cut up for the pack out, a handful of whitetail and still has a great edge. I never thought the serrated was edge would work. Definitely recommend it if ya can swing it. That knife with the outdoors edge replaceable razor is all ya need!

GARLICSALT

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Them things are scary sharp, you will cut your finger off and won't even notice that it's gone.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Cutco are amazing knives, manufactured right in the US, in the Southern Tier of NY. Each knife comes with a lifetime guarantee and lifetime sharpening.

My parents bought a set of Cutco knives almost 20 years ago. Many of the knives were so worn the surations were worn off the blades. My mom sent them in to be resharpened, and Cutco sent them back 3 brand new knives and sharpened the others, for they cost of shipping.

They hold an edge very well. I have had my kitchen set for close to 5 years now. Once the deer I shoot are quartered and brought inside I just my Cutco kitchen knives. Just easier to use than a hunting knife. I have used them to process 5+ whitetail and used them daily around the kitchen. I have only ever sharpened them with a steel.

They aren’t cheap. But they are the only knife I’d have in my kitchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had a few Cutco knives that I bought about 15 years ago from a friend. When my ex of 23 years left, she took only those knives from the kitchen. Man, do I miss those knives… they’re that nice.

rodney747

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
5 elk cut up for the pack out, a handful of whitetail and still has a great edge. I never thought the serrated was edge would work. Definitely recommend it if ya can swing it. That knife with the outdoors edge replaceable razor is all ya need!
So the Outdoors Edge replaceable razor is the better choice? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.