Cutting Edge Maximus bullets

GCC79

FNG
I picked up a Knights ultra lite in .45 caliber. Living in California, I need to use lead free bullets on game. I would primarily use it for deer but also elk if I could draw a tag.

Has anyone used these bullets? I'm thinking I could use either the .40x.45 sabot 165 grain or the 240 grain and get good results.

Should I skip using the sabots and use the .451 bullets in 250 or 300 grains?

Thanks,
Greg

TomAZ

Lil-Rokslider
Thor bullets! Full bore solid copper. They shoot well. I’ve also had good luck with Barnes TMZ savored copper bullets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norcal67

FNG
I shoot a .50 cal Knight, and harvested a nice mule deer in Utah last fall with the Cutting Edge Maximus, 250gr, and 110 grains of BH. Shot was about 120 yards, and it was a very effective projectile with "on-game" performance. I found that for my situation, the black crush-rib sabots worked better than the red ones that are supplied with the Cutting Edge bullets. The red ones are really hard for me to stuff down the pipe. I tried A LOT of different bullets and combinations in my gun, and the CE was what I settled on, so if your gun likes to shoot them, the terminal performance, at least for me, was impressive.

I have a 50 cal but shoot Barnes 295 grain bullets works great on whitetail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk