Cutting Kifaru Straps

Hey everyone,

Do any of you guys cut any of your straps on your kifaru so you don’t have so much excess or do you guys tend to keep them full length? I have a 22 Mag and especially with the bottom straps, even with the meat shelf fully extended it still has a ridiculous amount of excess webbing. I want to try and trim them but I don’t want to end up doing something stupid with them.

Nope, I just keep some cheap Velcro webbingbor sone form of web management on them to keep all the access kept and neat. Kclip compression straps are used on every bag they make. As expensive as they are, there is no way I’m customizing them to certain bags when I can just interchange them between bags.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I agree with WV Mountaineer. I just roll the unused webbing up and secure it with small pieces of Velcro cut from a roll I bought on Amazon. There were a couple of times last fall when I needed more of the webbing than I had expected and I am glad I had not done the pre-season cutting I had contemplated.

A72566E1-A759-43D6-AD30-1DED2CB56FC8.jpeg

I believe Aaron Snyder in a podcast said something to the effect of "if you think your wrong, you're probably wrong. But if you haven't used it in three years, cut that shit off like Hannibal Lector"

Lol

OP
E
Alright, I’ve been rolling them up in that stuff like that too but I’ve just had issues with the Velcro coming undone and leaving the entire thing hanging

Always cut the silly lid straps off but leave all the others factory length. Even stopped using Velcro because it’s easier and faster just to tuck the extra length under something. Also saves me .000003 ounces lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't cut mine, just roll them up and wrap with electrical tape. I figure they were put there for a reason and in the odd chance some product comes along that I can strap to my pack and can't do wothout, I don't want to be left short (pun intended)

snowplow

WKR
I cut them. I dont like extra stuff. If l remove them all the way and could possibly regret it l just sew in a loop real short so l can use a k clip to add a strap back later if l change my mind.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk