CVA '2019' Accura V2 .45 LR

Welp- the new, cerakoted Accura .45 LR (PR3138NM) is still not out but it looks dang nice... BUT I couldn't help when CVA put out the sale on the nitrided '2019' models for $400 bucks. Mine arrived today, was black nitride with the 'veil' camo stock and the standard CVA one piece, 1" scope mount, claw sling and STANDARD breech plug. Actual Weight: 8lb 7oz w/ mount and NO sling.

This will be the 4th Accura (3x.50cal) that I've had to play with in various configurations and every one before shot very well as far as I tested them (150 yards). My goal now-- deer, bear, antelope rig that will stretch my effective range (both scoped and unscoped) for various big game seasons across the west. I don't know if 300 yards is reasonable (scoped) but I know with irons I will be the limiting factor.

Plan:
1. Get BH209 Breech Plug
2. Scrap 1" mount for rail and 30mm (either my VXIII 4.5-14x40 or VX5HD 3-15x44) to be used for load development and hunting where legal.
3. Iron sight set up-- going to try the new Williams or go back to the drawing board with all the previous info. The Accura V2 .45 is tapped front and rear plus the scope mount holes. I had a Shaver set up with crosshair/dot that worked great even in lower light.
4. Test Test Test-- going to try some new primers along with BH209, definitely going to try the Powerbelt ELR as well as some offerings from Arrowhead. Since I have some centerfire rifles I'm working on as well I'm considering grabbing a magnetospeed v3.
5. Possibilities- I may try to find a way to attach my Javelin bipod

Since this is my first .45 I'm open to suggestions and ideas and I'll keep yall posted along the way. Thoughts on right way to chrono with the muzzy? I've only managed to kill one optical with sabots 🤦‍♂️

I'm picking up this exact model. I'm new to the front stuffer world, interested if you've had a chance to test it out and what loads are working for you. thanks

OP
D
Williams Western Precision Sights are ordered along with another Lee Shaver insert card

Have some RFIs in over to Arrowhead regarding sizing and bullet choice.

Colorado Muzzy Black Bear tag is in hand....

I have shot a buddies and my cousin has one. Both shoot extremely well. The one I shot had a scope mounted and it was holding 1/2 moa out to 175 yards. I measured the BH209 by weight and was shooting the 250 grain PB.

I used my mag speed to chrono it. I want to say it was @2300 fps with that combo but I can't remember for sure.

OP
D
Mounted up the Williams Western Precision Muzzleloader Sights on my Accura .45 LR and hit the range today. Pics of the sights below-- they mounted up perfectly. I set the rear peep in the rear most base screw hole so that I have the longest sight radius possible. The height of the sights fits the stock design perfectly on the LR (and should fit the V2 just as well).

For the front inserts I used the "circle duplex" that came with the sights and I overlaid that with a thin circle/post from Lee Shaver. This creates a slightly thicker post and a small dot in the center instead of just a thin crosshair. A solid set up for low light conditions that could leave you hunting for the crosshair. I ran a similar set up on my .50cal last year and took a mule deer buck in thick, shadowy timber with no issues.

Bullets- I jumped in and bought the sizing dies and the Arrowhead 300gr XLD bullets. I sized all 50 following their video and ran 2 passes across all bullets. I do feel that I should have gone one notch larger as my bullets seated almost too easily, requiring almost no pressure from the ramrod.

Load- I started with my go to, 80.0g (by weight) and worked up to 87.5gr. My sweet spot was 87.0g running at 2100fps. On my next batch of bullets I will size tighter (larger) to bore and start back at 80.0g.

150 yard zero is 2" high at 100 and 4.5" low at 200 and I rang the steel with open sights at 200, hold over was perfect and wind put me about 1.5" left.

Ready for bears!!

FC7FB257-DC95-45CE-BFC5-FE2FDB8D1E25.jpeg
E8392229-C025-470B-B264-4AA13BABBE53.jpeg
02B78854-14D9-4FF5-966A-5BCAEFF1EAF1.jpeg
940F7E90-C4EF-466A-A369-631B3B0A2B95.jpeg

I bought this same rifle on what sounds like the same sale. I saw an Instagram post. I just got the PowerBelt Elr. I did not have them in time to hunt with them last weekend so I had a different PowerBelt dialed in. Curious how much bh209 by volume you guys are using with the ELR in this rifle? I read the above post and am looking for a conversion This is my first muzzleloader 21BB9AC7-BDC3-4048-853E-43E0B7216D28.jpeg

Fatcamp

WKR
What was the date these went on sale of you don't mind me asking? I would keep my eyes out if I had a ballpark date to start looking.

DANNY-L

Lil-Rokslider
My accura mr 50 cal. groups under an inch at 100 with fed 209A,100gr bh and 250gr flex tip with the factory breach plug so try it first before spending.