Cva accura lr load development

Tjmcre

FNG
does anyone have a proven load development for an accura lr using bh209 and Thor hammer 250. Kinda slim pickings on bullets this year and the thors are what I have. I can’t seem to get my gun to group using 77gr and 80. Some times it will sometimes it won’t. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

shelskov

FNG
I use 110gr by volume BH 209 in my .50 LRX but with Thor 300s. Groups fine. Seems to be a good bit of variation in manufaturing with these guns so you have to find the load that works best for your particular gun.

Key question is are those the generic sized Thors or the bore specific? I use bore specific and use .501s in mine. That could be a factor if you aren't using bore specific bullets.

EVO6

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy and I purchased the same CVA Accura LR-X rifles at the same time. His groups with 88 grains of BH209, mine groups at 85 grains. We are weighing out all of our charges.

EVO6

Lil-Rokslider
I use 110gr by volume BH 209 in my .50 LRX but with Thor 300s. Groups fine. Seems to be a good bit of variation in manufaturing with these guns so you have to find the load that works best for your particular gun.

Key question is are those the generic sized Thors or the bore specific? I use bore specific and use .501s in mine. That could be a factor if you aren't using bore specific bullets.
I just re read this, I must have looked over that. My buddy did get the sample sizing pack for Thor, I am unsure what he ended up with.

I was having a secure fit with the ELR Powerbelts. My Parker bullets were tight getting down the barrel. I spoke with Bob Parker and he recommended the Harvester crushed rib sabots. It has been smooth, and accurate since then.