CVA Accura V2 Shooters

cnelk

WKR
For the Accura V2 shooters - what bore size of bullets are you using?

A .503 seems to just a tad small in mine when its seated [420gr No Excuses Bullet]
But first half of the barrel seems OK with rifling marks on the bullet

Its like the amount of pressure decreases as the bullet is pushed down the muzzle.

Any thoughts are appreciated

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I tried his sizing pack in my Accura V2 and they all slid down pretty easily (felt the same).......much easier than a Thor bullet. But I bought the .503" size regardless, while it takes .500" Thors.

Mine takes .501 Thors but they did have a similar feeling where they got easier to press in further down the barrel.

ShakeDown

WKR
Bought the sizing pack from Thor and ended on .501 - I’d say that it is pretty common to have more resistance up top. I assume that’s why starters exist?

Shoot me a pm if you’d like and I can try to dig up the other sizes in the Thor pack to send you.

Hunthigh1

WKR
I used the NE sizing pack on mine and settled on 503. But I was debating 504. Sounds like You should run .504....

I always check my bullet seating if I stumble or bump the gun while hunting. I’m still a bit paranoid about a bullet coming off the powder. Have taken 2 pretty hard falls On wet moss logs and not had a bullet creeping yet.... But I’m sure it happens.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
My 4 other MLs all use .503 bullets so I went a little ‘retro’.

Back in the day when ML bullets weren’t very consistent in diameter, we would make up the difference by using parchment paper.

Parchment paper thickness is .002 and burns very quickly.

So I cut a strip and put it around the the .503 bullet and now I have a perfect consistent pressure all the way down my barrel.

92013EFA-0D65-40DF-804C-0FE9CB9D9E7C.jpeg