CVA Accura X-treme

anyone get there hands on the new Accura X-treme yet. Hoping to get one and dial it in before co. elk season.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Heck, I can't even get my Accura V2 on target........at 50 yards. I bought the CVA to shoot conicals because of the T/C's reputation for inaccuracy with full bore conicals, and even with the rear sight all the way up it's still hitting a foot low........at 50 yards. Shooting 420gr No Excuses with 100gr BH209 and CCI 209M primers. Looks like my daughter will be shooting the T/C if I can't get this thing right.

Wapiti1

WKR
Heck, I can't even get my Accura V2 on target........at 50 yards. I bought the CVA to shoot conicals because of the T/C's reputation for inaccuracy with full bore conicals, and even with the rear sight all the way up it's still hitting a foot low........at 50 yards. Shooting 420gr No Excuses with 100gr BH209 and CCI 209M primers. Looks like my daughter will be shooting the T/C if I can't get this thing right.
Put a straight edge on the top of the barrel and see if it is bent. Not kidding, I've seen a couple straight out of the packaging that were and did what you describe. One CVA Optima and one TC Encore. Both were interesting phone calls for warranty claims. "we don't ship bent barrels" Well, it turns out, yes, you do. Both were replaced under warranty.

Jeremy

eltaco

WKR
I put one on the length of the barrel and it appears to be fine.

Can you pull the breech plug and bore sight it to see where your sights are at?

May need to do some shim work to get your iron sights on target

Why would you use so much BH209 for such a light for caliber lead conical?
I bet it’s 100gr by volume.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
100grV is A LOT of BH209 for a 420gr lead conical. Good way to lead your barrel shooting them fast. I use no more than 80grV with upto a 460gr and thats still a 1400fps+ load.

Spoonman

WKR
I have a CVA that did this same thing. CVA “accidentally “ put in front sights that were too tall. Measure how tall the front blade is from barrel to top of blade, if it’s taller than half inch than you need to order or get them to send you a new rifle sight. It’s been a common issues with CVA muzzys

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have a CVA that did this same thing. CVA “accidentally “ put in front sights that were too tall. Measure how tall the front blade is from barrel to top of blade, if it’s taller than half inch than you need to order or get them to send you a new rifle sight. It’s been a common issues with CVA muzzys
That makes the most sense. Measured this one at just under 3/4". Will contact CVA. Thank you.

Spoonman

WKR
That makes the most sense. Measured this one at just under 3/4". Will contact CVA. Thank you.
They should send you one for free that is about a 1/2” tall. You’ll be good after that. Mine shoots lights out with most loads and bullets combos. Here is a bull I got last year. Just over 90 yards with a powerbelt platinum aerotip. High lung went 40 yards and tipped over. 270 powerbelt in front of two white hots has been the most consistent and accurate combo for my muzzy

Attachments

• 4A1F31C2-6101-4A4F-9326-FEB86FD6ABC4.jpeg
    4A1F31C2-6101-4A4F-9326-FEB86FD6ABC4.jpeg
    571.1 KB · Views: 10