CVA comparison

Looking at the CVA optima v2 northwest and the CVA Accura v2 northwest. The only difference I can see is the barrel and stock. Any thoughts on it the barrel is worth the raise in price? The stock is for the most part a matter of opinion on comfort. Leaning towards the optima due to the fact that we have to use open sights and it is hard to shoot past 400 with open sights anyways.

OXN939

WKR
Looking at the CVA optima v2 northwest and the CVA Accura v2 northwest. The only difference I can see is the barrel and stock. Any thoughts on it the barrel is worth the raise in price? The stock is for the most part a matter of opinion on comfort. Leaning towards the optima due to the fact that we have to use open sights and it is hard to shoot past 400 with open sights anyways.

Is this to say that you're trying to take shots on live animals to 400 yards using a muzzleloader with iron sights?

OP
T
Is this to say that you're trying to take shots on live animals to 400 yards using a muzzleloader with iron sights?
Don’t be that guy.... I am asking about performance of the 2. I take shots I feel are very high percentage. But yes I would shoot out to 400 if a second shot was needed. Same with my bow I am dialed to 110. I would never shoot that unless it was a follow up shot.

OXN939

WKR
But yes I would shoot out to 400 if a second shot was needed. Same with my bow I am dialed to 110.

There's no interest in shaming people on internet forums here. What I am interested in, however, is encouraging people to think about the real world implications of what they're suggesting. As a precision shooting instructor, I can assure you that the percentage of hunters who are able to make consistent, ethical shots on game at 400 yards under field conditions with scoped centerfire rifles is small. Add in blackpowder OR irons, and the percentage is shaved to a fraction of the originally small figure.

I have a full range report with HD pictures and load data from my CVA Optima that I've shared with several other members here. Show me a video of you making multiple consecutive hits at 400 yards on a vital-sized target with a blackpowder rifle using irons, and it's sent.

OP
T
True but I also am a believer that if you practice out to the limits of what your weapon is capable the the regular shot is almost automatic. I shoot my lapua out to 1500 would I shoot at game that far of course not but at 1000 I feel confident of hitting kill zone 10 out of 10 (wind permitting) I just was curious about the performance btwn the 2. And as for that, cva contacted me and both have the Bergara barrels only the Accura stamps them with their name.

If you are an instructor then you know some people can shoot and some well lets just say practice will never make perfect. Accuracy has never been a issue. As long as the weapon is capable of repeating the results.

CBECK61

Lil-Rokslider
From my understanding the optima doesn't have the same trigger (at least 3 years ago) and I do feel like the stock is a pretty noticable upgrade. Thats interesting that the Optima has a Bergara barrel as well. I would be curious to know if its the exact same barrel or if it is some sort of upgrade in say tolerance over the barrel on the Accura.

There's no interest in shaming people on internet forums here. What I am interested in, however, is encouraging people to think about the real world implications of what they're suggesting. As a precision shooting instructor, I can assure you that the percentage of hunters who are able to make consistent, ethical shots on game at 400 yards under field conditions with scoped centerfire rifles is small. Add in blackpowder OR irons, and the percentage is shaved to a fraction of the originally small figure.

I have a full range report with HD pictures and load data from my CVA Optima that I've shared with several other members here. Show me a video of you making multiple consecutive hits at 400 yards on a vital-sized target with a blackpowder rifle using irons, and it's sent.
If you wouldn’t mind sharing that info with me I’d greatly appreciate it. I’ve had my optima for about 15 years now I think and have just been running 100 gn pyro and 245 gn hollow point Powerbelts. I’ve never pushed the yardage limits with it only because its a freezer filler if I don’t tag out in archery but I’ve been thinking about doing some experimenting Thanks