CVA Optima with Williams Peep Not Enough Adjustment?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Right, good point. realistically I’m not doing any long range shooting past 100 so I’ve decided on a fiber optic sight.
So for fiber optics is Williams significantly better than tru glo? Maybe I ought to just try to have tru glo replace my failed and duct taped front site.
Not sure. One thing I'll toss out there is I just got a accura mr-x with rear peep and front fiber optic sights (vs rail) and the front fiber optic at first glance looks thinner than what I think I remember came on my optima (but that sight is long gone so can't confirm). I had planned to swap on a globe but might play around with that sight a bit first.

Depends on what you're trying to do. A front globe with a fine crosshair covers up very little of the target at 100+yds where as a fiber optic might cover up alot of the target. Its a trade off of accuracy vs visibility.
Not if you use the 6 O’clock hold. I get the smallest fiberoptic front sight I can, but still use the 6 O’clock so don’t cover up the target. I don’t want to miss a chance at a shot in early morning or dusk, or even in heavy shade

gburk

WKR
I sent a note to TruGlo customer service requesting they make my duct taped front sight right, will see where that goes.

gburk

WKR
I’ve heard nothing back from tru glo support so I’ll continue to bash them unabated as the opportunity presents itself. :p

I did order the set of Williams sights per their recommendations and will see how they compare in quality with tru glo.

If you get the Williams - I am guessing they will come with a red fiber optic. I switch the red fiber out for a green fiber - makes the contrast for hunting excellent for me.

This is the front sight with a red fiber

Front-Bead.jpg

and this is with green

Green-Fiber.jpg

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If you get the Williams - I am guessing they will come with a red fiber optic. I switch the red fiber out for a green fiber - makes the contrast for hunting excellent for me.
Much prefer the red in those pics........just like my archery sights. Red is so much easier to see than green.

gburk

WKR

This is the front sight with a red fiber

and this is with green
From those pics I gotta say the green looks better to me too but will see how it shows up in real life.

From those pics I gotta say the green looks better to me too but will see how it shows up in real life.

I really wish I could show you the difference with a camera shot - but I am not that good of a photographer!

This is another pic but still not what I would like to show. But you can see the clays in the background and the green fiber makes it is easy to find stuff down range to shoot. Even picking on a chips at a 100 yards away can be picked out.

6-Birds-100-yds.jpg