CVA Paramount Pro Colorado Cheek Riser Options

Summitdog

Lil-Rokslider
I have a CVA Paramount Pro Colorado. I found this very elegant cheek riser from KalixTekNik (Sweden), CR1, that looked like it would be a perfect fit for what I wanted. At 110 grams, it is lighter than I was wanting to balance out the muzzlebrake.

Step 1) Remove the Decelerator butt plate. Grayboe graciously informed me that the Decelerator is fastened by two 5/32" hex head bolts AND epoxy. The best way to remove the butt plate from the stock is to use a hair dryer (or heat gun) to warm up the epoxy and then "gently" separate the two. I was able to do this without completely destroying the stock or the decelerator pad.

Step 2) Mock up the "build" by inserting the mounting bracket into the butt stock. This is where the problem became painfully obvious. Grayboe has much more material in the butt stock than KalixTekNik had expected. When I first eyeballed it I knew that the hollow section of the buttstock would be too shallow to accept the CR1 base where I wanted it placed. It was not until the base was in did I learn that the riser posts on the CR1 were also too short to add any usable height.

Step 3) Replace the Decelerator and look at other options. (NOTE: I d0onot want a Kydex riser. In my experience the riser gets hung up on every twig, vine, and pack back strap, that gets near it.)

Step 4) Contact Grayboe to find out that for $189 I can ship my stock back to Grayboe and have the riser modification done. While it is there, I can also have the finish redone to one of my choosing (additional fee).

I am looking forward to seeing what the results are when I get the stock back in 6-8 weeks.

Scotty

Attachments

• IMG_2843.JPG
    IMG_2843.JPG
    512.7 KB · Views: 32
  • stock with Kal.JPG
    stock with Kal.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2845.JPG
    IMG_2845.JPG
    318.8 KB · Views: 29
OP
Summitdog

Summitdog

Lil-Rokslider
The re-tooled Grayboe stock arrived. The cheek riser modification looks very nice (much better than I could have ever done myself).

The KUIU Verde dip has a number of imperfections but I’ve been told that is to be expected.
6cc4b9e318472494445d742bfdfd87c9.jpg

962c5481c9cbf808eca0532c09f66ff0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jelloyeti

FNG
Do you have any other pictures of this? It looks like they used the Teknik riser mechanism to push up on a piece of the original stock they cut out? But didn't use the actual Teknik cheek piece itself? Looks very clean.

sdh1994

FNG
Do you have any other pictures of this? It looks like they used the Teknik riser mechanism to push up on a piece of the original stock they cut out? But didn't use the actual Teknik cheek piece itself? Looks very clean.
I contacted Grayboe and was advised they can not install the cheek riser. If I'm wrong please let me know because I also want this done.

OP
Summitdog

Summitdog

Lil-Rokslider
All I can tell you is that they did it 1.5 years ago.