CVA Paramount Pro Review ***Updated 3/7/21***

ENCORE

WKR
I have not thought about spin drift and have just been holding center. I've only shot the steel past 300 no paper groups.
If you start shooting paper for groups, include spin drift in your calculations. I would suggest you'll need 1moa at 500yds.
If you use a ballistics program, remove all wind variables and set them to zero, but have it calculate spin drift. On paper, you will likely need to add .25moa starting at 200 and a full minute at 500.
If you start shooting paper, please report your results with some target photos.

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm down to my last 30 ELR Powerbelts. They are currently back ordered every where I checked. I'll shoot you a target @500 to check the spin drift but I have to save a handfull of bullets for my season.

ENCORE

WKR
I'm down to my last 30 ELR Powerbelts. They are currently back ordered every where I checked. I'll shoot you a target @500 to check the spin drift but I have to save a handfull of bullets for my season.
Hold off on targets until after the season and save the bullets.

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
They say they are in stock.

Going to have to get quicker.

85bbd5eed56faaab85e32620a1e2c993.jpg

Scheels had them for $19.99 a pack the other day. Might be worth checking there?

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I found a great tip to loading primers into the vera flame adapters. Use a Lee speed loader with the 22 hornet for me that was the #7 insert in my set.
e44522ffb24b0fd4c01f0b52912c9856.jpg
Makes quick work of an otherwise tedious job.

Hey Real or anyone else,

I have a real problem. I’ve drawn a OIL Utah Mtn Goat tag. All ready to roll and tore my shoulder up. Archery is out for this hunt. Strongly considering a Paramount Pro .50 cal but the hang up I’m having is the scope. I’m leaving in less than 20 days so don’t have a lot of time to procrastinate on which scope.
I need advice on scope and anything else to speed up my learning curve.

Much appreciated!

fk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Real or anyone else,

I have a real problem. I’ve drawn a OIL Utah Mtn Goat tag. All ready to roll and tore my shoulder up. Archery is out for this hunt. Strongly considering a Paramount Pro .50 cal but the hang up I’m having is the scope. I’m leaving in less than 20 days so don’t have a lot of time to procrastinate on which scope.
I need advice on scope and anything else to speed up my learning curve.

Much appreciated!

fk

I have round that Vortex razor light Hunter 1 to 8X on my muzzleloader and was very happy with it. The last hash Mark got me to 300 yards. If you wanna go further than that, then you’re gonna probably need to let somebody chime in that knows more about Diable scopes. I think Sam is hunting right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually just heading out to shoot one more time as my season opens on Wednesday. @Dakota Kid I have the Vortex Razor LHT scope mounted on the paramount pro, it's amazing what a accurate dialing scope can take this muzzle loaders range out to.
3749b7d86a7ed8f414649283a5dbaf62.jpg

Liked the Razor LHT scope so much I bought a matching one for my hunting rifle.

Last edited:
OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's my group at 400. It typically shots a 5 inch +/- group or so. Wind drift is definitely a concern after 300 yards. The Paramount almost makes you forget your shooting a muzzle loader.
301a5bb193d533bbf7609a6499f6d30f.jpg
b7775035e1a8979d375b80020a30a5b0.jpg
4c3064cc30591897f013e9dacebedc91.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
Really need to stop reading this thread...its going to make life expensive.

ENCORE

WKR
Really need to stop reading this thread...its going to make life expensive.
Just know, there are some having a really ROUGH time with their rifles and it ends up costing them even more. Now I'm not in any way trying to discourage you from one, but BPI/CVA is doing a lot of rework.

CorbLand

WKR
Just know, there are some having a really ROUGH time with their rifles and it ends up costing them even more. Now I'm not in any way trying to discourage you from one, but BPI/CVA is doing a lot of rework.
I have also heard that. I work nights at a local sporting goods store and have heard a couple people complaining about theirs. It would be a bit before I bought one but this thread makes me want one.

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have also heard that. I work nights at a local sporting goods store and have heard a couple people complaining about theirs. It would be a bit before I bought one but this thread makes me want one.
Pm me I'll you shoot this one when i get home from hunting.
Only have a sample size of one but this rifle is sure been impressive.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk