CVA paramount

Studs1991

FNG
I know it's a fairly new weapon, but I was wondering if anybody has held or shot this gun yet? Watching a short video on it, one of my concerns was accessing the breech plug with the rifle action. Also interested to hear other peoples input, good or bad

ENCORE

WKR
Accessing the BP will be no harder than with any other bolt action rifle, Knight, RUM, UF, etc.
A couple people looked it over at the SHOT and find a lot of good things about it, but a couple things that need correction.

JustiSmi

FNG
I was real excited about this until more info started coming out on it. But the biggest thing that will have me holding for now is that it ways darn near 10lbs without any glass on top. Call me crazy, but I'd like something a little lighter. I'm also not sure how thrilled I am about the ramrod system given the potential for failure. But, I really like the idea of a bolt .45

ENCORE

WKR
The ramrod system is akin to the same system the smokeless guys have been using for years. Although heavier than many, the rifle is designed heavy to help handle the heavy recoil. Loading it should not be hard with land riders, maybe 15 to 20# pressure to run the bullet down the bore. I hope it shoots well.

JustiSmi

FNG
I guess for me, the cons don't outweigh the pros for the cost at this point based on specs alone. Hopefully after a while on the market it will either prove itself or be tweaked enough to make it worth the cost.
Now if they dropped that in the b14 hunter stock instead of the HMR, you could drop a lot of weight and cost and I'd be more willing to jump in first.

ENCORE

WKR
I guess for me, the cons don't outweigh the pros for the cost at this point based on specs alone. Hopefully after a while on the market it will either prove itself or be tweaked enough to make it worth the cost.
Now if they dropped that in the b14 hunter stock instead of the HMR, you could drop a lot of weight and cost and I'd be more willing to jump in first.
Honestly, I think CVA is going to try to compete at the shoots at Friendship. From what "some" have seen, the rifle is accurate out to 300m. Some people have been POUNDING on CVA to make a competitive rifle that was designed to hunt with, which would keep it in the Hunter classification. The Knight 45's have ruled for the last couple years in the Hunter class.

Forest

WKR
If I draw a muzzy tag I will be taking a hard look at the paramount. Not real familiar with muzzy's just yet but from what I have seen it would be between the paramount or the rum. It is heavy but so are "long range" rifles...