CVA Paramount

psirus7

WKR
Has anyone had an opportunity to shoot this muzzleloader? There are a few threads from earlier this year, but I didn't see any with actual hands on shooting experience. It's looks nice (except for the weight). Any thoughts?

ENCORE

WKR
The release might be in May.
The self head spacing bolt will likely leak as they have in all the videos.
When they are released, ASG or now AR is planning on creating fix for the breech plug and bolt.
It will be interesting if CVA sends a shooter/team to compete.
There will be a host of better bullets available.

USMC22

WKR
I’m interested as well for real world reviews.

The release might be in May.
The self head spacing bolt will likely leak as they have in all the videos.
When they are released, ASG or now AR is planning on creating fix for the breech plug and bolt.
It will be interesting if CVA sends a shooter/team to compete.
There will be a host of better bullets available.

Forgive me but what / who is ASG / AR?

ENCORE

WKR
Thanks, I think I’ll have to stick with the inlines for now... I’m sure their nice though.
What was meant by AR, is that they will create a new breech plug for the Paramount, which will replace the OEM plug. It'll make the rifle twice as good.

USMC22

WKR
What was meant by AR, is that they will create a new breech plug for the Paramount, which will replace the OEM plug. It'll make the rifle twice as good.
Gotcha. I guess I just don’t want to fix something I just bought but then again I restring most factory bows... I think my mind can only handle being ocd with one thing at a time.

OP
psirus7

psirus7

WKR
I agree with USMC. It seems silly to fix a brand new muzzleloader. And the thing is 10 pounds....😳

ENCORE

WKR
Just about every muzzleloader made today needs some type of modification. Shims, "O" rings, head space, specific primers to fit. The Paramount isn't and wasn't designed to be a light weight brush gun, or a rifle to be carried all day in the mountains. Its more of a stand hunting and long range rifle and not for everyone.

OP
psirus7

psirus7

WKR
I gotcha ENCORE, do you expect the Paramount to be a true 300+ yard muzzleloader?

ENCORE

WKR
I gotcha ENCORE, do you expect the Paramount to be a true 300+ yard muzzleloader?
I have very high hopes for the Paramount. Now the bullet they promote I highly question, but with a top quality bullet, I have a feeling it'll be better than a 300yd rifle.

OP
psirus7

psirus7

WKR
Time to revive this thread. Sounds like the Paramount has been out for a few weeks and the CVA rep I spoke to yesterday said they are completely sold out with more inbound from Spain. Anybody get to witness it's performance yet?

My hunting partner got his all set up on Sunday, we are shooting this weekend, I’ll let you know how it goes.

OP
psirus7

psirus7

WKR
Sweet BeerBugler....I think there are a lot of guys here who would love a quick review of your first shoot!

ENCORE

WKR
I've seen a target photo a guy shot at 100yds and it appeared to be a 2" group. He did state that he was using BH209 at maximum charge for the Paramount.

BabaYaga

FNG
Just got back from an Elk hun with my CVA paramount. I can attest to the accuracy. I've shot plenty of sub 4" groups at 400 yds and I have no issues with accuracy out to 500. I'm using the ELR bullet and 105 gr by weight (150 gr by volume) of BH 209. Getting 2315 fps at the muzzle with BC of 0.33 . The variflame adapter seems to work just fine and I havent had any issues. Terrminal performance of the bullet is awesome. My Dad and I both shot elk with the Paramount + ELR at 200 and 265 yds and they were both dead on the spot. Everyone in the Elk camp was ready to buy one of their own.

PM me if you want more details or ask in this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_1601.jpg
    IMG_1601.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 43
OP
psirus7

psirus7

WKR
Thanks for the review. I’m already the Arrowhead/Sabotless bandwagon. You might want to check out the Arrowhead Rifles module conversion for your Paramount.