CVA Paramount

BabaYaga

FNG
I can’t say I have any problems with the Variflame as far as accuracy concerns, but I had to do a quick follow up shot on my elk and they are a PAIN to remove and reinsert. I’ll look into the conversion for sure.

OP
psirus7

psirus7

WKR
I'm assuming center-fire rifle primers like other Arrowhead Modules. I'm running Fed 210Ms in mine for BH209. The Arrowhead modules are tool-less, but they ain't exactly fast to reload either.

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
I'm using CCI's also but just the regular large rifle. I tried the 250's but didn't get as good of results in my gun using 105 grains by weight of BH209. I'm interested in the conversion but think I will stick with the variflames for the immediate future. I'm not getting any leakage in my gun so far and with the results I'm getting I don't want to rock the boat just yet. If it were to start showing signs of that I would definitely look into it. I agree with BabaYaga that they are a pain to insert and remove.
IMG_6008.jpeg

BabaYaga

FNG
I'm also using large rifle. CVA states in their manual that they also didnt get as good of results with the magnum primers.

Great group Curmudgeon!!

LWH723

FNG
I didn't do a comparison between the two. It's going to depend a lot on whether or not you've got a leaking veriflame. Additionally, the distance from powder to primer is shorter in the Arrowhead Gen2, so that's an advantage for ignition reliability as well. I also use magnum primers in my kit.

I got a video put together to show how the upgrade kit works.

ENCORE

WKR
I was just wondering Iwh723 if you did any comparison shooting and or chronographing with the variflame adapter versus the Arrowhead upgrade conversion.

I know of one person who's velocity varied anywhere between 100 and 150fps with the vari-flame system.
After his conversion to the Arrowhead upgrade it dropped to 10fps variance.
IIRC he uses a LabRadar.

I know of one person who's velocity varied anywhere between 100 and 150fps with the vari-flame system.
After his conversion to the Arrowhead upgrade it dropped to 10fps variance.
IIRC he uses a LabRadar.
How was the overall performance of the Paramount rifle at 300+ yards after the conversion? Is your mind still changed about CVA after the paramount. (Not including their muzzle brake performance. Yikes).

ENCORE

WKR
How was the overall performance of the Paramount rifle at 300+ yards after the conversion? Is your mind still changed about CVA after the paramount. (Not including their muzzle brake performance. Yikes).
I'm only speaking for myself, but if I were to purchase a new production rifle and taking into consideration the laws where I hunt, I would consider the Paramount, but the Paramount only. I would change the ignition system before even firing it.
This I will say, is once you go with a true custom rifle, you'll never consider another production rifle. There's just no comparison what so ever.