CVA Product Codes

Murdy

WKR
Does anybody know the meaning of CVA product codes:

Specifically, I was looking at:

PR2020S
PR2020SM
PR2020SVP

I believe PR is plains rifle (i.e., full sized as opposed to mountain); S = Stainless (I think); 2020 maybe designates the Optima line?? -- Can anybody confirm these? Or correct me??

I have no idea what M and VP stand for in the last 2 -- anyone know?

efnm

WKR
I think you are overthinking the PR part as it probably just means product.

PR2020S = open (S)ight
PR2020SM = (S)cope (M)ount
PR2020SVP = Scope Value Package (a whole bunch of accessories you may not need).

- - - Updated - - -

And they are ALL the Optima V2, stainless.

OP
M

Murdy

WKR
Thanks,

Now that I look, I see the Accura Mountain Rifle has a PR designation, so it can't be plains rifle. I was looking at a SVP vs SM at Bud's and really couldn't find a difference in their descriptions, and Bud's uses stock photos a lot, so it's hard to tell sometimes.

efnm

WKR
No prob, by the way I absolutely LOVE my Accura V2 Thumbhole ML.

OP
M

Murdy

WKR
Accura is on my list, debating between that and the Optima. I'm a casual muzzy hunter -- whitetails in the Midwest, will probably never travel out west to hunt muzzy. Have to wait and see how good the sales are after the new year.

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Im new to the muzzy world and didnt get out hunting this year with my accura v2 LR but did get some target shooting and it is a pretty sweet gun. I'm in WI so planning to use it for whitetails however we are heading out west 2019 so trying the open site thing for a while to prepare for CO. I agree the thumb hole is a plus. The gun itself is very easy to clean and shoots comfortably at 100 yds. Goal is to touch 300 yds; don't plan on ever shooting that far but makes those 200 yd shots much easier.