CVA Shooters - Have you seen this!

For 2010 and newer CVA Breech Plug with removable Vent Liner

CVA-Breech-Plug.jpg

Follow this link

OP
sabotloader
I am really hoping that they get the description up on the web site SOON!

But it is a bare primer breech plug. Good for all BP and BP subs. You will need to purchase a vent liner to complete the setup.

Email Lehigh and request the description - that will get it up in a hurry!

But it is a bare primer breech plug. Good for all BP and BP subs. You will need to purchase a vent liner to complete the setup.

So if I already have the BH209 breech plug for my Accura, this isn't something I need (want)?

ENCORE

WKR

How many rounds will the vent liner last and what is the price of replacement liners?

OP
sabotloader
So if I already have the BH209 breech plug for my Accura, this isn't something I need (want)?

This is a replacement plug for a factory (CVA) breech plug. If you have already purchased an aftermarket plug for shooting BH-209 - you are kinda good to go.

With out the description, which should be coming on the Web Site soon, I can only speculate this plug is made from 17-4 Stainless Steel which is a much harder, longer wearing steel, than 416 stainless - IF that is what CVA is using.

And additional feature is the replaceable vent liner. So theoretically you would never have a need to replace the whole breech plug - just the vent liner as the flash hole erodes from being shot.

This is a pic of the new style Lehigh Vent Liner. These new Vent Liners are made of 17-4 and heat treated for an extended life. These vent liners were originally built to be replacement vent liners for Savage smokeless ML's. The new vent liners are now suppose to be even more durable than the original liners and far more durable than the 416 vent liners contracted by Knight.

Lehigh_New_Vent_Liners.jpg

I am using one of the new ones in my Knight Super DISC, but only have 114 shots through it. The flash hole still measures 0.031 - doesn't seem to be any movement at all. I am shooting 120 grs. of BH (volume) and a 260 grain 45x260 grain bullet.

So... back to your original question - if you have a BH plug and it doing it's job - you probably do not need one of these plugs at this time. But somewhere in the future as your 'flash hole' erodes out it could be a consideration.

I probably should mention that the plug has been tested by Western Powders at their facility.

When the description gets posted I am sure you will see some differences between factory plugs and the Lehigh.

OP
sabotloader
How many rounds will the vent liner last and what is the price of replacement liners?

Encore - I can not say for sure - I am still working on that number. I have 114 shots through the new one with no signs of erosion.

I can also say that I did have an 'original' Lehigh Vent Liner in one of my Knight 50's shooting T7 that went for 300+ shots.

Then again, shooting the amount of BH you do per shot I am not sure what that might do.

ENCORE

WKR
Encore - I can not say for sure - I am still working on that number. I have 114 shots through the new one with no signs of erosion.

I can also say that I did have an 'original' Lehigh Vent Liner in one of my Knight 50's shooting T7 that went for 300+ shots.

Then again, shooting the amount of BH you do per shot I am not sure what that might do.
That number you're up to sounds like there's been a large improvement in liners over the years for durability. A good thing.
I've went in another complete direction.

OP
sabotloader
That number you're up to sounds like there's been a large improvement in liners over the years for durability. A good thing.
I've went in another complete direction.

Yes, I understand that for you it would really make sense - for us mortals shooting regular ML's for hunting these work great. I can afford a vent liner now and then.

Your new ML is certainly a beauty!