CVA Wolf and Williams Precision Muzzleloading Sight WGRS

PhillyB

WKR
Hello.
I recently ordered a Williams Precision Sight MGRS (#676854) for my CVA wolf V2 and have a question about where to place the rear peep sight.

I have 4 holes towards the breech plug for a rail or scope to be installed. I also have the two holes for where the factory open sights are installed.

In order to gain the most travel for finding zero at 100 yds, do I want the peep sight installed closest to the breech plug, the last hole closest to the factory rear sight, or where the current factory rear sight is placed? I have read where a few guys have had trouble with travel, which keeps them from finding zero, but I think it is due to where the peep sight is installed in reference to their eye, not necessarily the sight itself.

Any thoughts on the best location for the peep site to be installed?

I just put the same sight on my CVA Optima and mounted the peep in the forwardmost hole (where the factory rear sight was mounted). You'll get a larger range of vertical POI adjustment the further toward the muzzle you mount the peep.

OP
PhillyB

PhillyB

WKR
I just put the same sight on my CVA Optima and mounted the peep in the forwardmost hole (where the factory rear sight was mounted). You'll get a larger range of vertical POI adjustment the further toward the muzzle you mount the peep.
Thanks, Might Mouse. How are you liking this setup so far?
Did you notice if the reticle is accurate with the 250g bullet and 105g of 209 as they claim it to be?

I just installed the same site yesterday. I had screw problems with mine and actually talked to muzzle-loaders.com customer service. Before we got off the phone he made a point to ask me if I had installed the front peep in the spot closest to the breech. According to him that’s the proper spot for it. Can’t imagine it matters a ton though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Further back you mount it the longer your sight plane is and the more accurate your sights will be. The closer you mount your rear sight to your front sight the shorter your sight plane is and less accurate. There's a reason the long range peeps are mounted on the tang of rifles and not halfway down the barrel. I'd mount that in the rearmost set of holes that are already drilled for the scope rail.

Thanks, Might Mouse. How are you liking this setup so far?
Did you notice if the reticle is accurate with the 250g bullet and 105g of 209 as they claim it to be?
So far so good, but I've only shot it out to 100 yds using a fiber optic dot as the front sight. I have the reticle set but haven't tried any of them yet. I'm shooting a 300 gr bullet over 100 gr of Triple 7, so I'm sure my trajectory will be different.

With a peep you want it as close to your eye as you can mount it. Can’t imagine it would even work way up forward on the barrel.

I tried to install this yesterday and the rear peep won’t tighten down all the way. Any pointers?

I tried to install this yesterday and the rear peep won’t tighten down all the way. Any pointers?
Sounds like the screw may be too long and is bottoming out in the hole. So you need a shorter screw or a shim under the sight.

Wrench

WKR
That’s what the issue is, but it’s supposed to fit. Always something!
There is 3 variables that come to play....but the answer is to shorten the screw. Stack 10 pieces of paper and try again....if not enough...go 20. When you get to where you can tighten it, take that much off the screw. Use a sharpie on the end to verify its not bottoming out.

Finally, chase the very end of the screw thread with a knive or 3 side file before you screw it in.

BPI_Outdoors

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hello.
I recently ordered a Williams Precision Sight MGRS (#676854) for my CVA wolf V2 and have a question about where to place the rear peep sight.

I have 4 holes towards the breech plug for a rail or scope to be installed. I also have the two holes for where the factory open sights are installed.

In order to gain the most travel for finding zero at 100 yds, do I want the peep sight installed closest to the breech plug, the last hole closest to the factory rear sight, or where the current factory rear sight is placed? I have read where a few guys have had trouble with travel, which keeps them from finding zero, but I think it is due to where the peep sight is installed in reference to their eye, not necessarily the sight itself.

Any thoughts on the best location for the peep site to be installed?
Please contact customer service at 770-449-4687 and ask to speak to Brian. We have some replacement ramps so that you will be able to adjust your sights.

BPI_Outdoors

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
When using a peep you want it as close to your eye as possible, and if it want tighten down use shorter screws.

OP
PhillyB

PhillyB

WKR
I am probably late to the game Steely, so hopefully you got it figured out.

But I had the same issue and found a shorter screw at my local hardware store.

OP
PhillyB

PhillyB

WKR
@UncleLou

I followed the guidance from Mighty Mouse and it worked great. I mounted the rear peep portion in the holes closest to the hammer.

I painted the muzzle end with bright pink nail polish. It helped me center everything up.

I also removed the actual peep inside the rear site. I didn’t like how restrictive it was. You will see in the first pic the piece I removed.

This setup has definitely helped me be more consistent with this muzzy.

Attachments

• IMG_0756.jpeg
    IMG_0756.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0754.jpeg
    IMG_0754.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 28