CVA Wolf - Bore Size

cnelk

WKR
I have a couple CVA Wolf 50cals - Ive only used sabots in them for deer out in Nebraska.

I see many manufactures offer different sizes of bullets and was wondering what bore size the CVA Wolf is?
Or what size to you want in a ML? How loose/tight of a fit gets the best results?

ML have come a long ways in recent years and I havent kept up - since I mostly do archery and high power rifles

TIA

RedSnow

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot a Thompson Center encore in 50 cal. My dad and I each bought them together. Slightly different models. His right out of the box could touch bullets at 100 yards no problem. Mine however had a tight bore and was picky on ammo. I switched to Barnes sabot and started using bore butter as well as the solventless cleaner (both made by TC) and mine is as accurate as his now. I've suggested a few friends to switch to the bore butter and solventless cleaner and a few have mentioned it making it easier to clean/load and improved accuracy. I do love my modern ML. Good luck shooting!

ENCORE

WKR
I have a couple CVA Wolf 50cals - Ive only used sabots in them for deer out in Nebraska.

I see many manufactures offer different sizes of bullets and was wondering what bore size the CVA Wolf is?
Or what size to you want in a ML? How loose/tight of a fit gets the best results?

ML have come a long ways in recent years and I havent kept up - since I mostly do archery and high power rifles

TIA
The issue has always been that there are absolutely ZERO standards on barrels. The bore riding bullet that fits perfectly with one of your rifles, may not fit the other.

If you want to shoot bore riders/land rider bullets, you should consider these: https://www.furycustombullets.com/webapp/p/208/muzzle-loader

The .50cal star tip is an outstanding bullet, both target and especially on game.

If you intend or would like shooting land riders, I suggest a Swinglock .50cal sizing die: https://www.arrowheadrifles.com/product/swing-lock-adjustable-smooth-sizing-die/

As far as loading force, forces between 20 to 30# in a clean barrel.

TomAZ

Lil-Rokslider
Buy the Thor bullet sizing pack for $3.50. This will answer your question and take less than 5 mins. Or slug your bore with some soft lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk