CZ Rifle question

Hey guys my 7yr old son was given a CZ 527 American rifle this year. It’s the 300 blackout suppressor ready model. The length of pull is a little too long for him and I was thinking of cutting the stock down for him. I’m not real familiar with CZ rifles and wondered if any of y’all could give me advice on this. It looks like the recoil pad is either glued on or pressed into the stock. The stock sounds hollow and it is synthetic. Are there any experienced stock choppers out there? My plan is to glue the pad back on or get a slip on sims pad.
543a3d3c9c80a5215e3e4a8635e75019.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
aclawrence
I looked at Boyd’s earlier and I might do that. I already cut the stock off with my miter saw and I’m going to get a Limbsaver slip on pad to get in the game quickly.

OP
aclawrence
Yes it does seem like a pretty sweet little rifle. My son and daughter both shot it the other day and were sighted in and ready to shoot some more deer!

B23

WKR
Not on a CZ but I had several inches lopped of a stock for my daughter a few years back and saved the piece that was cut off. When she got older glued it back on. It's strong as ever never had a problem with it and you can't even tell it was ever cut. Save the piece you cut off and when they get older you can glue it back on.
6.5-284 +P.jpg

bmicek

WKR
I have the same rifle but chambered in 7.62x39. Love the suppressor ready models. They’d make an awesome hunting rifle for a kid or a plinker for an adult!