D-Loop Life

Hello everyone,

My D-Loop is fraying a touch and I'm wondering how long they typically last. I checked my back tension release for rough metal and made sure I wasn't torquing the release. I'm probably 500-600 shots into this D-Loop (first bow I've owned).

How long do your D-Loops last?

Also, what would you recommend for a replacement?

wapitibob

WKR
Mine will last thousands of shots. if a loop is fraying it's the release hook. Progressively finer scotchbrite used like a rope saw. I like Spectra 23; a bit smaller than 24.

Like Bob said. I get probably close to 10k shots on them. It's got to be something in your release.

I use BCY #24, it's just a polyester blend I believe. They make a #23 that is spectra, should last longer but I don't have much issue.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I use the spectra bcy #23. Its much less abrasion resistant then the #24. It flexes and twists much better is really the only upside.

OP
P
Mine will last thousands of shots. if a loop is fraying it's the release hook. Progressively finer scotchbrite used like a rope saw. I like Spectra 23; a bit smaller than 24.
Thanks, I'll give the a shot and hopefully the fraying doesn't worsen.

OP
P
Like Bob said. I get probably close to 10k shots on them. It's got to be something in your release.

I use BCY #24, it's just a polyester blend I believe. They make a #23 that is spectra, should last longer but I don't have much issue.
I'm going to try to smooth out the contact point to see if that helps.