d loop/nock point removal

wildernessmaster

Lil-Rokslider
So I must have foobared my nock points at some point during my tying them or the d-loop. My arrow originally sat centered on the berger hole. Now both with an arrow and a square both are sitting at the top of the berger hole. I am thinking this is going to be a bit high.

What is the best way to remove the d loop and nock points. I am a bit leery in using a knife or razor so close to a loaded string.

madkaw284

Lil-Rokslider
Do you “think” it’s going to be a bit high or have you tried tuning it and determined it’s a bit high?
If you’re gentle you can easily cut off nock points with a razor, it can be scary at first, just go slow.

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
Tin snips or toe nail clippers will work, if you scared of using a blade.

wapitibob

WKR
Your loop position sets the angle between the bow hand and release hand, and has significant impact on your hold. Put it where it works best for you and not just in a position to get the arrow thru the center of the berger hole.

Use a fork to untie your loop.

OP
wildernessmaster

wildernessmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Do you “think” it’s going to be a bit high or have you tried tuning it and determined it’s a bit high?
If you’re gentle you can easily cut off nock points with a razor, it can be scary at first, just go slow.
"High" is being based on the fact an arrow that is 90 degrees to the string crosses at nearly the top of the berger hole. Add to that the rest is apparently set low, because its way more than a berger hole width off the same arrow at 90 degrees (below it). No I have not shot anything yet. Trying to get this step right so I am not trying to figure out why my bow won't tune later.

sndmn11

WKR
You might be able to screw them up and down the serving. Just look at which way the serving is wound.

If they slipped, leave the d loop on, cut or other wise remove the tied nocks, reposition the d loop, and tie new proper nocks.

madkaw284

Lil-Rokslider
"High" is being based on the fact an arrow that is 90 degrees to the string crosses at nearly the top of the berger hole. Add to that the rest is apparently set low, because its way more than a berger hole width off the same arrow at 90 degrees (below it). No I have not shot anything yet. Trying to get this step right so I am not trying to figure out why my bow won't tune later.

You’re bow won’t necessarily tune based on your arrow being 90° perpendicular to your string. You can tie it there but when you shout your arrows, then you can determine what moves to make. Some bows will prefer a nock high or maybe even a nock low. You can only find that out once you start shooting.

Just curious why you say your rest is low as well

Reactions: Zac

Zac

WKR
You’re bow won’t necessarily tune based on your arrow being 90° perpendicular to your string. You can tie it there but when you shout your arrows, then you can determine what moves to make. Some bows will prefer a nock high or maybe even a nock low. You can only find that out once you start shooting.

Just curious why you say your rest is low as well
Yeah totally depends on your cam system. Most cam and a half systems like the nock slightly high, with binary's running straight down the middle.