D6 HIT inserts.....you learn something new everyday.

ontarget7

WKR
I’ve been doing this along time and I’m sure that there are some that have already figured it out, I’m just slow getting there

For those that have been frustrated with a loose fit so that when you glue the insert in it slides right back out after waiting for 8-15 seconds or so with fast set impact resistant glues
6d61f5db196c0db7cf001026e2e64383.jpg

Decided to dab one side of the insert with some moisture, just a touch thou. Easiest way is to just dab one side with your tongue, this insures roughly the same moisture every time while not adding to much. Initial set is immediate and makes spinning the tool out and leaving the insert in a breeze, instead of waiting for ever only to have it still come out with the tool.

I’m sure humidity plays a big role and some may not experience the loose inserts at all living in high humidity areas

Anyways, easy to do and effective if you happen to have a similar situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
I've tried super glue and 5 min epoxy ...but prefer the thicker longer setting epoxy.

The thick stuff makes for straighter inserts/straighter BH's- IME- and I've never had one fail....which I have had the super glue and quick set versions fail [pull loose]

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
I've tried super glue and 5 min epoxy ...but prefer the thicker longer setting epoxy.

The thick stuff makes for straighter inserts/straighter BH's- IME- and I've never had one fail....which I have had the super glue and quick set versions fail [pull loose]

I haven’t had a quick set glue pull loose and Ive been using them off and on with other epoxy’s for a long time.

Only issue for me has been the inserts sliding back out after feeding it in. I’m sure it’s the very low humidity but the touch of moisture, works like a charm if your using fast set glues

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
I’ve heard that Bob Smiths stuff is great but haven’t used it

sneaky

"DADDY"
I wish Easton still made the black Quick HIT adhesive

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dkime

WKR
75a10ce1c014a9cd3d0e22051aef8488.jpg

This has been gods gift to archery inserts for me, worth a shot if any of y’all can find it.

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
75a10ce1c014a9cd3d0e22051aef8488.jpg

This has been gods gift to archery inserts for me, worth a shot if any of y’all can find it.

That’s a new one I haven’t seen before. You just order online or found some place that carries it ?

dkime

WKR
That’s a new one I haven’t seen before. You just order online or found some place that carries it ?

Amazon is the best place from what I’ve seen, it’s the shit. Works great on vanes as well if you can stand the black glue look. It’s also removable with a torch. I used it on all of my pierce and D6 systems

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
Amazon is the best place from what I’ve seen, it’s the shit. Works great on vanes as well if you can stand the black glue look. It’s also removable with a torch. I used it on all of my pierce and D6 systems

Nice
I’ll have to try some

Zac

WKR
Are you putting moisture on the actual insert or just the tool?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"

I've got the Vibra Tite 362 clear stuff for vanes. It's made in Japan. But I've had inserts pull out using just about everything. Hotmelt and coolmelt inserts come out like they weren't even glued in. The fast set ones pop loose when I hit something hard, and occasionally one put in with epoxy will loosen up after many hard hits.

dkime

WKR
I've got the Vibra Tite 362 clear stuff for vanes. It's made in Japan. But I've had inserts pull out using just about everything. Hotmelt and coolmelt inserts come out like they weren't even glued in. The fast set ones pop loose when I hit something hard, and occasionally one put in with epoxy will loosen up after many hard hits.

I actually posted the wrong one, I went to the basement and double checked last night. Not sure how big of a difference there is between 310-388 but 388 is what I have.

I've yet to find a glue that is impervious to having inserts/outserts pull-out. I never use any pure Cyanoacrylate glues for inserts just too brittle, I've used a whole gamut of gorilla glue compounds, all sorts of Devcon 2 parts, in my opinion none of these glues are stronger than the mechanical lock created by the glue rings. In my past life I was using this vibratite to build prototypes of a certain brand of stabilizers. It was strong enough to hold a 36" front bar with 16oz together when left attached to a big ass (technical term) vibratory tumbler. It'll still fail, everything fails, this has been my current best solution.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've yet to find a glue that is impervious to having inserts/outserts pull-out.

The 24-hour 2-part epoxy has been the most trouble free for me, for all inserts. I only use the cyanoacrylate glues for single inserts when I'm testing stuff, because I know I can get them back out easily.