Dagger 2p vs. Copper Spur UL 2p

jrnd

Lil-Rokslider
I have been researching on picking up a 2p lightweight tent and have narrowed it down to either the Nemo Dagger 2p or the Big Agnes Copper Spur UL 2p tents.

I am leaning towards the Dagger. The reasons I like the Dagger is the tougher fabric, bigger sleeping and vestibule space, and also has a separate divy sack for easier packing. The downside is though it is 12 oz heavier and slightly (.5 inches) bigger in pack size.

I am a little worried about the CS fabric's toughness (especially using without any footprint).

Unfortunately, I cannot find a place that has both in stock near me. I was curious if anyone has used/tested both and if you think that 12oz is worth the tougher fabrics or if I should not be worried about the CS floor's more delicate fabric?

gelton

WKR
No experience with the Dagger but I have been using the CS UL2 for going on six years now and it's still going strong...I do run a footprint with it though.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Hardest part will be finding either one of these tents in stock. Both are good options, but availability is the biggest issue with everything these days.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Also take a look at the Copper Spur HV UL2 Bikecamping tent. I just ordered one. The poles are shorter packed, which I think will be convenient to fit in backpack. I’ll be ditching the stuff sack it comes with for something lighter.

Love the Copper Spur that I bought from an elk killer that is just too tall for the Spur. Thanks 5MB! Great tent! I’ve had it for several years now and it’s stood my test year round!

Tahoe1305

WKR
Id get a footprint for either. Good insurance. That said save the weight. The CS is plenty durable. Love my 1p.