Daily wear shoes

prm

WKR
Looking for alternatives for daily wear. Walking around house, grilling on deck, trips to grocery store, working in garage, etc. I do not want anything with aggressive hiking tread. I have Salomon’s for that. I need something with more foot support than my worn out boat shoes or other leather shoes (forget brand).
On initial glance, the 5.11 Norris low looks like a good option. Thought I’d crowd source this for any other suggestions. What say the Rokslide crowd?

Maverick1

WKR
I wear keen sandals, crocs, or zero drop shoes almost year round - for pretty much everything outside of hunting. Have always preferred minimalist footwear to keep my feet strong.

Buzby

WKR
I have a pair of Reebok nanos, with Superfeet green insoles. Great support, and very comfortable. I wear them for workouts, and general run around duty.

I wear Merrell trail gloves for everything from lounging around the house to a 50 mile trail ultra. They feel like slippers—perfect road trip and camping shoe. I keep the laces tied very loose (even for trail running) and slip them on and off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
prm

prm

WKR
If the superfeet green work in the nanos that might be perfect. Don’t know what’s wrong with my foot, but being able to have supportive insole is key.

OP
prm

prm

WKR
Merrell’s look good as do a couple Keen models.

Basically, if I stand it walk a lot wearing old worn out shoes, there is something on the outside of my foot, mid foot, that gets really sore. Bone, growth, or something.

*zap*

WKR
I have been wearing very minimalist runners for a few years 90% of the time and they have worked out real well for me. Eliminated a lot of heel strike issues.

OP
prm

prm

WKR
I have Altra lone peaks for hiking. Love those. I hadn’t considered that they might have a model not for trails. The Solstice XT2 might be perfect! …or the Cayd

PVHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Merrell trail glove or vapor glove (I wait for sales). My only knock on these shoes is that miles on paved surfaces will chew up the bottoms pretty quickly and you'll have holes in your socks if you aren't careful.

When I workout, I like the Reebok Nano X (I go barefoot deadlifting, but that's personal preference).

Rainbows are my flip flop of choice.

Looking for alternatives for daily wear. Walking around house, grilling on deck, trips to grocery store, working in garage, etc. I do not want anything with aggressive hiking tread. I have Salomon’s for that. I need something with more foot support than my worn out boat shoes or other leather shoes (forget brand).
On initial glance, the 5.11 Norris low looks like a good option. Thought I’d crowd source this for any other suggestions. What say the Rokslide crowd?
these have been my normal everyday wear, lived in xtratuffs for work and play since i was a wee lad, and these are nice comfortable shoes for any home/town activities.

my dumbass forgot my boots for work the other day last week, and we were working in the mountains... not ideal, but i got by fine;) just had to occasionally dump the debris out..... way, way better than romeos... i shot a bear one night in steep country wearing romeos, and it was a mistake i won't make again, haha... i was having to grab handfuls of poison oak to make it back to the top.... been several years, but i remember that well. the xtratuff chelsea boots are cooler and more comfortable than romeos too.... wear the rubber version when it's the wet season