Dall Sheep 2013 Roll Call!

Jdog

WKR
Fellaz - it's about to go down and for all the other sheep addicts out there I know you are like me and pouring over your gear, maps and photos daily.

I am getting crazy amped about it. Today's gear shake down...

Brooks Range 2013 on 15 Aug--I am coming to collect.

Always good to have the celebratory flask!

What up, what up!?!?!

OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
I usually go in about 64-65 (includes rifle). I am heavy on chow and bring a few creature comforts that we like to have.

Who's goin'...Who's all jacked up on ovis?

So...What up, what up?!?!?!

Last edited:

swat8888

WKR
You carry that heavy flask into the hills? Lol, bigger man than I. See ya in the Brooks.

OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
usually we leave them at the strip and celebrate the hunt at the end.

Headed out with my dad on the second wave also... Aug 18th to the Alaska Range. I packed his sheep out last year, so this year it's my turn. :)

Have done several shake down trips this summer, so I'm geared up and ready. Rifle is dialed in with 175 gr LRX shooting 2" at 300 yds. Boots are broke in. Just need to find some rams to chase, and I think I know where to look!

Yk

Headed into the Alaska range on the 7th for my first and probably only dall sheep hunt can't wait!

jherald

WKR
Going into my Kenai Peninsula haunts. Look forward to hear everyone's stories after the hunts!

Kotaman

WKR
Leave for Fairbanks on the 7th...Into Cold Foot on the 8th, then, off to the Brooks! Hunting with Jonah Stewart. JJ and Shaun from here will be also hunting with Jonah's crew at that time. Should be a great trip. Gear is laid out, rifle is sighted in...ready to roll!!!!

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are headed into the brooks in August, and then I have a draw tag for the late season if I don't connect earlier... We just moved into a new house, and getting the new gear room (with lighted walk in closet!!) organized has been a top priority. It's hard to deal with home chores when all I really want to do is organize gear and keep working on getting into sheep shape! i decided i would work on getting the house put together as much as I can for the next week, them its all going on hold to organize food and gear for our upcoming trips! Might stillbe unpacking boxes at Christmas time, but its well worth it.

Rewarded myself with teriyaki sheep steak for dinner tonight on the new deck...sure hope we restock the freezer with sheep this season---about the best meat there is!

B69DF3E3-FE0F-4734-B626-FE254A6296B4-13287-000007CFD07307C9_zps933b8f02.jpg

Snyd

WKR
My partner and I are doing another walk-in this year. Headed into the ?????????? Range the 8th. We haven't decided yet :D Probably back to the Brooks were we got 2 last year. Becca... looks like a great Sheep Feast! Here's a few more Sheep Feast pics from past hunts to get us all worked up! Ribs, heart, tenderloin, backstrap mmmm...mmmmm. I love Sheep on a Stick :D

2010_shpfst_02.jpg

2010_shpfst_01.jpg

shpFst_02.jpg

sheepFeast.jpg

I'm rolling out heading north on the 5th for a little brooks range redemption! I'm still shaking down equipment but have my bases covered (most of them 2x over) just trying to decide what gear is going to make final roll call. I have 50 rounds of ammo ready for a range day to hopefully make the final call on that this week. I had the tent out in the yard today for final check out. I have a skookum partner lined up and a new area to hunt with a lot of promise!! 16 days till wheels up.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Good luck to everyone going out there.

Thru-hunter this is your year man!! No doubt your hunting partner will get ya on some rams...he's an animal for sure!!! Can't wait to read the story of how it went down!

JDog,

You are way ahead of the game, I won't be packing my stuff until literally the day before I leave. Wish ya the best of luck indeed.

Snyd,

Thanks for the pics of the sheep rib cook offs!! Hopefully in a few weeks we'll all be doing a bit more of that!!
P8130183.jpg

P8130187.jpg

HUNT

FNG
Headed into the Alaska range September 7th for my first Dall sheep hunt. Getting excited and closer to sheep shape every week. Only 6 1/2 weeks to go!

cwh

Lil-Rokslider
Will be headed to the AK range August 17th. Same place as last year.

I'm second in line this year, so I'm really hoping for a double....:)

Luck to everyone.

Ronster

Lil-Rokslider
You guys gotta quit with the pictures or I wont end up sleeping a wink before our August 8th hike in. The wait is bad enough already :D

Flatbow

Lil-Rokslider
my partner and I will be headed into the Alaskan Range also. Last year did the Brooks Range, this will be the 4th trip into the Alaska Range, and the furthest south... flying out Sept. 6th, should be plenty of fish in the river and will be camping with lots of brown bear! maybe this is the year I crawl 20 yds. from one and put a wood shaft and broadhead into him.....

kaboku68

WKR
Wrangells on Aug 30 for sheep/goat combo. Eight days of ice, rock, critters and adventure. My wife is going with me.

Sincerely,
Thomas