Dall Sheep Gear with Nick Muche

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member

In today’s episode we’re joined by @Nick Muche . Nick lives in Alaska and has a number of years sheep hunting under his belt. We cover some of the logistics of traveling for a sheep hunt and the gear.

Ep-93-dall-sheep-gear.jpg

Great podcast Nick! I'm not at all super familiar with listening to podcasts, I've probably only listen to a half a dozen or so in my life, but I really enjoyed this one for what it's worth. I really liked your gear recommendations and how they were presented, especially the Ultamid 4, although I think you need to have a little more faith in it regarding it's durability. :) Also, brother you gotta give some down puffy pants a chance! They're definitely a comfort item, but I also use them for added warmth with all my sleep systems, which enables me to considerably down size the temp. rating of my quilt. I'm a big fan of any gear that pulls double duty. I totally agree with the leather boots recommendation, and although I have a pair of plastics and would love to get comfortable with them, I just can't. Very well dressed leather mountaineering boots is a must IMO.

Thanks again, I really enjoyed listening. Oh, and props to your AO comment, AKA the best base camp tent ever made!

Good luck in the mountains this year brother!

@Nick Muche great podcast. Question, you said your wife had a reaction to the tape she used. Look to see if it has latex in it. Most good tapes do. She might have developed a allergy. We have change all the tape at work to latex free. They work but don’t stick to skin as long or when the skin is wet.

@Jordan Budd, you will be coming out of the Brooks when I hope to be heading in. We are hauling the boat up the 20th. Good luck.