Dall sheep hunting Brooks Range

OP
Indyal

Indyal

Lil-Rokslider
Well ,oatmeal makes me "too regular". Various energy and protein bars have alcohol sugars which can cause gas , bloating and diarrhea.

I recall years ago, on a moose -less float hunt in SW Alaska, I brought home -made protein energy bars that used peanut butter and other stuff I don't remember. They were a dark brown color and were called "moose bars" After a few days of travel, freezing and thawing, they started to break up into smooth rounded pellets and got slick and shiny. My hunting buddy and I started calling them moose turds.

OP
Indyal

Indyal

Lil-Rokslider
As of right now, my sheep hunt is still on. My outfitter had to make some new air carrier changes. I had to rebook my Alaska Airlines flights as they canceled the ones I had originally booked.

I did decide to bring my Vortex 85 mm scope and shorten tripod and accept the weight penalty. I figure most of the time we will be glassing. I have an iskope adapter so I can take pics and videos.
It I feel it is too heavy during the hunt, I will figure out a way to sneak it into the packers backpack
:)
I think I will bring 2 power banks at 6700 mAh each. I can get 2 iPhone charges from one bank so I will have a total of 5 charges. I think that will be plenty for what little GPS use I will have and taking pics, videos.

Wanabe

FNG
Well my whole guide season in the Brooks just got canceled. I’m bummed beyond words. Your still on for your sheep hunt with Lyle though. Good luck!

Wanabe

FNG
Lyle’s Alaska Skookum Guides
The 2 hunters I was scheduled to guide canceled due to covid and the effects on their businesses. Also travel restrictions for one out of New York City.

Well my whole guide season in the Brooks just got canceled. I’m bummed beyond words. Your still on for your sheep hunt with Lyle though. Good luck!

Damn dude, I am sorry to hear that. That is my worst nightmare, losing my fall guide season after already having lost the spring. So far, all of our hunters are still coming, but man I am nervous.

OP
Indyal

Indyal

Lil-Rokslider
The 2 hunters I was scheduled to guide canceled due to covid and the effects on their businesses. Also travel restrictions for one out of New York City.
[/QUOTE]

Wanabe I am sorry for you.
Al

Wanabe

FNG
Damn dude, I am sorry to hear that. That is my worst nightmare, losing my fall guide season after already having lost the spring. So far, all of our hunters are still coming, but man I am nervous.
I’m kinda numb right now trying to let it sink in. Lucky I live in Idaho. I’m planning some elk and deer hunting. I’ll get to hear the bull elk scream this year. I miss the rut usually because I’m in Alaska for September. So all is not lost. I drew a elk tag for Idaho in October also. My buddy won a coveted Panguitch Lake late hunt elk tag too.
Keep leaning forward! Keep Smiling!

Sorry to hear your hunters canceled. COVID is playing hell on hunting and fishing, generally out of a fear of travel. Still working on the math we’re running about 60% on our fishing. Most groups simply getting smaller. Groups of six became four.
good news is I’ve not seen as many bears in 20 years, fishing is good and we’re already seeing wolves.

Wanabe

FNG
Sorry to hear your hunters canceled. COVID is playing hell on hunting and fishing, generally out of a fear of travel. Still working on the math we’re running about 60% on our fishing. Most groups simply getting smaller. Groups of six became four.
good news is I’ve not seen as many bears in 20 years, fishing is good and we’re already seeing wolves.

Are you in Bristol Bay?