Dall sheep outfitters ?

Kotaman

WKR
Tombstone is great. I've hunted with them twice and taken 4 great animals. My first hunt with them was a 6 day caribou hunt. I killed a huge 63" moose on day 3 and my caribou as the sun went down on day 6. Also, almost had an opportunity at a Fannin but we couldn't quite make him legal. That would've made for an even more amazing 6 day hunt.

My second hunt was a dedictated Fannin hunt. I killed this beautiful silver colored Fannin on day 2 and a great caribou on day 6 before heading home early. My buddy killed a GREAT archery Fannin on day 10.

I understand Tombstone is currently for sale. I don't know what that will hold for the current management/working crew. Clint and his crew are fantastic and one can only hope he will continue with the company if it sells. I'd love to be heading up there next fall as they have cancelled all non resident hunts for 2020 due to Covid.

Sizzle

FNG
Tombstone is great. I've hunted with them twice and taken 4 great animals. My first hunt with them was a 6 day caribou hunt. I killed a huge 63" moose on day 3 and my caribou as the sun went down on day 6. Also, almost had an opportunity at a Fannin but we couldn't quite make him legal. That would've made for an even more amazing 6 day hunt.

My second hunt was a dedictated Fannin hunt. I killed this beautiful silver colored Fannin on day 2 and a great caribou on day 6 before heading home early. My buddy killed a GREAT archery Fannin on day 10.

I understand Tombstone is currently for sale. I don't know what that will hold for the current management/working crew. Clint and his crew are fantastic and one can only hope he will continue with the company if it sells. I'd love to be heading up there next fall as they have cancelled all non resident hunts for 2020 due to Covid.

Sounds like a couple amazing hunts!... from what I hear most the sheep in their area are Fannins, Yeah sale just went through, new ownership should be awesome as well.

Defrankm

FNG
He was mentioned by someone else, but I'd highly recommend Thor Stacey in the Brooks Range. He has an exclusive area on federal land on the north slope of the brooks range. I hunted with him last year after researching many outfitters in both Alaska and Canada. We had a fantastic hunt passing multiple legal rams before taking a 13 year old 40" ram on the fifth day of the hunt. He does not pre scout his sheep. You will be dropped on a strip and backpack from there. There are good sheep numbers and Thor is a great guy.
Dall Sheep 2.jpg

OP
Geetar

Geetar

FNG
He was mentioned by someone else, but I'd highly recommend Thor Stacey in the Brooks Range. He has an exclusive area on federal land on the north slope of the brooks range. I hunted with him last year after researching many outfitters in both Alaska and Canada. We had a fantastic hunt passing multiple legal rams before taking a 13 year old 40" ram on the fifth day of the hunt. He does not pre scout his sheep. You will be dropped on a strip and backpack from there. There are good sheep numbers and Thor is a great guy.
View attachment 192074
Thanks for the recommendation. I can see you have photo evidence to back it up. Absolutely gorgeous ram.

Defrankm

FNG
Thanks for the recommendation. I can see you have photo evidence to back it up. Absolutely gorgeous ram.
Thank you. If you need his contact information or have any additional questions about the hunt please feel free to let me know. Best of luck to you in your search. It is an adventure you will never forget.

Ty77

FNG
Thank you. If you need his contact information or have any additional questions about the hunt please feel free to let me know. Best of luck to you in your search. It is an adventure you will never forget.
I am researching a future sheep hunt, Thor Stacey keeps popping up in a good way, what can you tell me about your experience? I appreciate your time and any advice you can give me. Thanks in advance.

Gobbler36

WKR

anyone have any personal experience with Buck Bowden at Hidden Alaska?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
anyone have any experience with trip insurance? who sells it? what's covered? what's not covered?