Dall sheep outfitters ?

OP
Geetar

Geetar

FNG
I could not have a higher recommendation for Ultima Thule Outfitters. Great people and a great operation.
Is it the same Ultima Thule Lodge? I’m trying to find it googling Ultima Thule Outfitters but all I’m getting is a lodge in Wrangells that does weddings and stuff. Does anyone have contact info?

FURMAN

WKR
It is the same. They try to keep their tree huggers separate from the hunters. Email [email protected]

If you decide you are interested PM me and I will tell you about the operation from a hunters view.

OP
Geetar

Geetar

FNG
So if you decide you wanna do it a certain year like say for me 2024 or 2025 is the time I’m looking to do it and you choose an outfitter that hunts draw areas do you book with two outfitters one with a draw and one not in case you don’t get drawn which is highly likely or so you choose an outfitter that hunts draw areas and otc areas and go to the otc area if you don’t get drawn? Maybe I should just ask Josh this? @adventure907

jwatts

WKR
So if you decide you wanna do it a certain year like say for me 2024 or 2025 is the time I’m looking to do it and you choose an outfitter that hunts draw areas do you book with two outfitters one with a draw and one not in case you don’t get drawn which is highly likely or so you choose an outfitter that hunts draw areas and otc areas and go to the otc area if you don’t get drawn? Maybe I should just ask Josh this? @adventure907

Matt (Alaska Hunting Adventures) has OTC units he hunts as well. If you apply for Tok, and don't draw, you'll hunt the OTC unit. If you do draw Tok, you'll hunt it. I hunted with them last year. I didn't draw the Tok tag, so I hunted the OTC unit.

OP
Geetar

Geetar

FNG
Matt (Alaska Hunting Adventures) has OTC units he hunts as well. If you apply for Tok, and don't draw, you'll hunt the OTC unit. If you do draw Tok, you'll hunt it. I hunted with them last year. I didn't draw the Tok tag, so I hunted the OTC unit.
Sounds good! How’d you do. Feel free to post pics on this thread.

NUGGET

WKR
Thanks for all the replies so far. I knew I could find good info here. Has anyone ever hunted with Mont Mahoney / Alaska Dall Sheep Guides?
I heard mont just got a concession in the wrangells that hasn’t had an operation going for at least 1 fall. Could be good...

OP
Geetar

Geetar

FNG
I heard mont just got a concession in the wrangells that hasn’t had an operation going for at least 1 fall. Could be good...
He told me the same thing when I spoke with him on the phone. Seems like he runs a top notch operation with really high success rates.

I worked for Lance of freelance outdoor adventures. He worked hard for clients. Most hunts were in otc areas at the time. Went 2/2 on archery hunts in 14C that year.

OP
Geetar

Geetar

FNG
I worked for Lance of freelance outdoor adventures. He worked hard for clients. Most hunts were in otc areas at the time. Went 2/2 on archery hunts in 14C that year.
Lance would be my #1 choice if he still did otc stuff. It’s just hard to draw that tag for 14c or Tok. Correct me if I’m wrong but he doesn’t do otc anymore does he?

I don't believe he does but you could double check. I would definitely apply for a draw unit for a few years before going otc. A lot better chance of getting a ram that way. Unless a guy is made of money and can afford to go multiple times.

OP
Geetar

Geetar

FNG
I don't believe he does but you could double check. I would definitely apply for a draw unit for a few years before going otc. A lot better chance of getting a ram that way. Unless a guy is made of money and can afford to go multiple times.
I sent him a message on his website.

19hunt92

Lil-Rokslider
Alaska Hunting Adventures
www.tokmanagementarea.com

This is my friends outfit that I guide for. I would be happy to answer any question's you may have. Feel free to shoot me a pm and good luck!!

Josh

Did not realize there was such a strong push for Matt but this is awesome. Another loyal customer (only took once lol). Ram in the profile pic was harvested with Josh last year (August 2019). Tough hunt but so many awesome memories without any regrets

buzzy

WKR
If you look at the Yukon Stan Stevens runs an amazing operation and his concession sure is game rich.

GPATTI

WKR
Had the experience of a lifetime with Lancaster in Northwest Territory. Nahanni Butte Outfitters. Sheep hunting has gotten so dang expensive, otherwise I would be back there immediately!

I did a fair amount of research before my hunt and I’m glad to talk on the phone anytime. P.m. me if interested, but I’m sure there are others on here with mountains more experience than me.

BigBuck1

FNG
Big vote here for Jake Jefferson. Hunted with Jake on a grizz/sheep combo in '18. Was a backpack type hunt. Saw lots of game. He has a great track record. Google epic adventure with brownbr to see the write up and some pics from our hunt.