Dall Sheep Success!!

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Luke and I made it home late last night after an incredible 8 day fly out trip! We had amazing sunny weather, camped at my new "personal best" elevation, spent three unplanned nights bivying out in the Megatarp, and discovered that two people really can share a single golite quilt, one pair of dry "sat phone socks" and the last snack bar. But best of all....

I brought home my first ever Dall Sheep!

P8150226.jpg

More story and video to come, but for now we are spending a quick two nights at home before heading back out to help a friend try and bag a ram of his own.

Awesome Becca. I got the news (and a picture) through the grapevine about the time you hit town , and was hoping for a few details. Looked like lots of sunny weather in most of the range that week, which always makes life much more enjoyable!

Yk

D

david long

Becca.....a huge congrats! That is sweet! Can't wait for the story and video.

OP
Becca

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks everyone! It was truly an incredible week, and a trip that will always be special for both of us. Not sure I have ever worked as hard for anything in my life, which is probably a big part of what makes this ram a real trophy to me!

awesome!! what was the elev in the area you hunted?
Between 5000'-6000', which is fairly typical sheep country for up here. Anything over 7000' has snow year round. The plane dropped us off on a gravel bar at 2600', so we had a little 7+ mile jaunt from the airstrip to get us up and back to where the sheep were. Ended up making a couple of trips to get both the ram and camp back to the strip, so we got pretty well acquainted with the terrain and lack of trail :)