Dallas Texas

Jd259

WKR
Looking for recommendations for a good hotel in Dallas and bars/restaurants to check out. Some buddies and I are flying out for the supercross in March and none of us have been there so looking for a place to stay downtown close to food and drinks and all that good stuff.
Thanks in advance

Trial153

WKR
Pappas Bros and Nick and Sam's if your not on a budget and you want steaks.
Hutchings in Mckinny for BBQ is decent and Pecan lodge was excellent

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
Pappas Bros and Nick and Sam's if your not on a budget and you want steaks.
Hutchings in Mckinny for BBQ is decent and Pecan lodge was excellent
Thanks man not really on a budget only going to be there Friday-Sunday so don’t really care about shellin out some money to have a good time while we’re there I just don’t even know where to start is there like a “main drag” so to speak that has a bunch of bars and restaurants on it like a lot of other towns or is it more spread out?

Trial153

WKR
Thanks man not really on a budget only going to be there Friday-Sunday so don’t really care about shellin out some money to have a good time while we’re there I just don’t even know where to start is there like a “main drag” so to speak that has a bunch of bars and restaurants on it like a lot of other towns or is it more spread out?
Stuff is spread out a bit. That said I am sure you will find bars and places close by wherever your staying ..
I havent stayed in dallas proper in problem twenty years. Our family is outside the city a bit, 45 minutes or so in mckinny and Frisco

TxxAgg

WKR
Downtown Dallas isn't cool like many downtown areas. Might have more fun in Uptown, Knox/Henderson, Addison, Legacy in Plano, or Fort Worth.

forgot to mention Deep Ellum. Terry Blacks is some good BBQ and a cool spot.

Last edited:

mlgc20

WKR
I wouldn’t stay in downtown per se. I would target the Uptown area just north of downtown. Nick and Sams is a great recommend. I love Javier’s as well. Hutchins as recommended above is fantastic. The Hutchins in McKinney is closed temporarily. The one in Frisco is open. I was their yesterday.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
Downtown Dallas isn't cool like many downtown areas. Might have more fun in Uptown, Knox/Henderson, Addison, Legacy in Plano, or Fort Worth.

forgot to mention Deep Ellum. Terry Blacks is some good BBQ and a cool spot.
How far are those other areas from the stadium? There’s going to be six of us and we don’t want to rent a car so hoping to Uber to the stadium Saturday night.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
What are the covid restrictions you guys have in place over there are most the bars and restaurants fully open and going strong? Masks?

We’ve been several years for the Dallas Safari Club show. The Fairmont Hotel is really nice, reasonably priced and convenient to downtown. Make sure y’all eat at the Pecan Lodge. Get the giant beef rib. You’ll thank me!

NB7

WKR
If I ever get back to Dallas I'm definitely going back to Adairs Saloon. Killer food for cheap, great live music and 100% graffiti bathroom walls. It was awesome

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
If I ever get back to Dallas I'm definitely going back to Adairs Saloon. Killer food for cheap, great live music and 100% graffiti bathroom walls. It was awesome
I like the sounds of that where did you guys stay at? Lookin for a place that I can walk out the front door and walk to all these places

mlgc20

WKR
What are the covid restrictions you guys have in place over there are most the bars and restaurants fully open and going strong? Masks?
Most restaurants are open. There are still a few that are only doing carry out. So, good to call first just to make sure. Masks pretty much everywhere. But, you don’t wear them at your table.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
Most restaurants are open. There are still a few that are only doing carry out. So, good to call first just to make sure. Masks pretty much everywhere. But, you don’t wear them at your table.
Are bars open late for just drinkin and what not?

NB7

WKR
I like the sounds of that where did you guys stay at? Lookin for a place that I can walk out the front door and walk to all these places
We stayed at the Hyatt Regency and it was nice. Had a good view across the way of the Omni hotel with it's cool lights. It was a convention my wife attended for work and I tagged along, just had to pick up a plane ticket. I asked around about a place to catch some live music and was pointed to Adairs. If I remember right it was only about 15 or so blocks away, but that's an easy/cheap Lyft or Uber ride

Last edited:
Edit....
You could stay at the Ritz and walk a block to del friscos double eagle steakhouse then STAGGER BACK, if you REALLY want a budget ugly experience!!! Hard to beat!

Last edited:

Sevens

WKR
Bourbon & Banter is a nice speakeasy type bar in the Statler Hotel. Short walk to CBD Provisions for dinner. Highly recommend the pig’s head (big enough to share with a few people, call a day or two ahead to order).

mlgc20

WKR
Are bars open late for just drinkin and what not?
Someone with more current bar experience in Dallas may correct me here. But, my understanding is that technically bars are not allowed to be open. However, most of them have gotten around the Covid orders by serving food and being considered a "restaurant" for the purposes of Covid restrictions. So, there should be plenty of bars that are open and doing pretty normal stuff (all things considered). But, I would call first.

wytx

WKR
You do know the Supercross is at AT&T stadium and not downtown Dallas ?
Some things nearby the Stadium or go north into Grapevine and stay and then you could walk around downtown and eat or drink there. Lots of places to eat and drink and hotels on outside of town with shuttles.
Not sure if the train goes from Grapevine to AT&T but I would check on that.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
You do know the Supercross is at AT&T stadium and not downtown Dallas ?
Some things nearby the Stadium or go north into Grapevine and stay and then you could walk around downtown and eat or drink there. Lots of places to eat and drink and hotels on outside of town with shuttles.
Not sure if the train goes from Grapevine to AT&T but I would check on that.
Yeah I know the race is at at&t but isn’t the stadium only like 15 miles south of Dallas? I just want to stay where we can have some nightlife and good food then catch an Uber to the race on Saturday night...