Dalton Highway archery caribou question

Hudge

FNG
Ok, I’ve looked in the regs but want to make sure I’m correct. A buddy down in FL is planning to come up next August and we are going to hunt the Dalton Highway with archery gear. I’m good to go, as I have my archery cert, however I believe he needs one as well. Am I correct on this? Looking at the 20-21 regs on pg. 13 it says all hunters participating in archery-only hunts must have successfully completed a bow hunter cert course. I know this is the case for archery draw hunts, etc., but is this the same for the Dalton highway hunt within 5 miles of the pipeline?

Ok, I’ve looked in the regs but want to make sure I’m correct. A buddy down in FL is planning to come up next August and we are going to hunt the Dalton Highway with archery gear. I’m good to go, as I have my archery cert, however I believe he needs one as well. Am I correct on this? Looking at the 20-21 regs on pg. 13 it says all hunters participating in archery-only hunts must have successfully completed a bow hunter cert course. I know this is the case for archery draw hunts, etc., but is this the same for the Dalton highway hunt within 5 miles of the pipeline?
All hunters. If he’s hunting, he falls into the all hunters category.

OP
H

Hudge

FNG
Thanks gents! I appreciate the help on this. I just talked to him yesterday and he still hasn't found an archery cert class he states. I'm not going to wait on him much longer, and start applying myself for some draw hunts I wasn't going to if he is actually coming up.

AKducks

FNG
There is a lot of time between now and next august to get certified. Heck they have certs in Fairbanks in early august. you could plan your trip around that. he comes up takes the class (online/field day) then you leave the next day.

OP
H

Hudge

FNG
AKducks, you are correct, there is plenty of time between now and August. I found a link on the ADFG that has links to other states Bowhunter cert classes, so I sent it to him. The problem, is my leave for this hunt is pretty cemented already. I switched jobs back in May, and later in August into late September is a no go for vacation time. My buddy was all over this earlier this summer, and now he's starting to be wishy washy. Hopefully he follows through, and we get lucky and get some caribou.

Easiest way to get bowhunter certified is to take the South Dakota class online, no field day required... print it and keep in wallet. It's an IBEP course and accepted in all states requiring IBEP to bowhunt. I think it's 20$ once you pass the test.