Dam you sandy!

After coming home empty handed from wy. I was looking forward to setting in my tree stand this week and taking my frustration out on some rut crazed white tails. But Mother Nature has a different plan. I work for the local power company so for the next 7-10 days of prime rut,ill be hanging off of a pole instead of a tree. At least ill be able to make up the money I spent in wy.lol. On a serious note everyone in the north east be careful and stay safe.

Shrek

WKR
Dang ! Thats harsh ! I was surounded by rutting deer this weekend. Had what sounded like a big buck within 25yrds just before seeing light on sunday. I took a six point sunday just to break the ice. I will shoot a couple more this coming weekend and think of you and all the others who huave to work. Our big rut will start this next weekend and go until about the 20th. Then every time a yearling comes in you will have a mini rut until late january. I hope you can get out soon.

I too work for the power co. Sittin in my truck as we speak. Heavy winds and light rain now but the main eye is still 250 mile away from us. 16 hr days for the next ___ days?

Beastmode

WKR
Be safe guys. I'm a lineman on the west coast and no word of heading thy way yet. Sounds like we will be getting some small storms this week.

Should be very interesting come Wednesday morning when we can actually get out and assess the damages. This kind of stuff is not supposed to happen in NY???

OP
flatlander51
This weather is perfect for huntin to bad we 're still on mandatory 16hr shifts. Where I'm at in Maryland it's not to bad. hopefully we'll be done by Friday here. Good luck to u guys up north. Stay safe

I'm making a truck load of cash but my hunting season is done before it started!! I was so psyched for this year.