Damaged Euro Mount

packer58

WKR
Iv'e got a few euro's mounts setting in the garage waiting to be whitened, when out the other day to start the process and noticed that a mouse had chewed the nasal area out of a couple of them, really pissed me off but it's done now.
My question is does anybody have a source for skull replicas that don't look like S&#@!T

Thanks

OP
P

packer58

WKR
No pics handy, what i'm talking about is the thin bone on either side of the bridge of the nose.

rclouse79

WKR
Damn vermin! I would guess you are out everything but a lesson. Hopefully I am wrong for your sake.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Pretty sure there's replica nasal bones. I'd call a taxidermist or look up some of the taxidermy catalogues like mckenzie or van dykes.

LostArra

WKR
Call these people. I was there today picking up my Euro mount deer. They are the best, probably in the world. They were featured on Dirtiest Jobs cleaning up a whale. Their museum is outstanding.

HiMtnHntr

WKR
If it's not too bad you can use epoxy sculpt to repair the skull and paint it all white. I've done this a few times with decent results.

Stalker69

WKR
If it's not too bad you can use epoxy sculpt to repair the skull and paint it all white. I've done this a few times with decent results.
This stuff works great, I did a moose shed that had most of the tines chewed off and rebuilt them, it’s super hard to even tell.

kscowboy01

Lil-Rokslider
Following this one. I had an elk tumble when the ex-girlfriend was cleaning. He's pretty broken from the eye sockets down, unfortunately. However, I shot a bull worthy of a shoulder mount and had the taxidermist clean and save the skull (minus the antlers, of course) to try and splice them together. Anxious to see what other ideas you all have.

HiMtnHntr

WKR
You mean you have a full bull Skull, minus antlers that you need to mount a set on? If so:

Take some measurements between the old set as it sits on the broke Skull, between the brows, inside spread, tip to tip, etc.

Hack them off the old skull.

Using a dremel, cut open up the brain cavity on the new Skull to expose the underside of the pedicle.

Mock up the new set to your old measurements, mark the horn base and pedicle with correct positioning.

Get some lag screws, 4"+. Select a bit slightly smaller and drill through the underside of the pedicle into the base of the horn. Helps to have a person hold this.

Screw em in... if the bases don't quite match, epoxy sculpt works well to fix that.