Dang it, Kifaru Hellbender....

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
I've drank enough of that Kifaru koolaid...stuff must be laced with CBD too ;)

Hmmmm, I'm gettin' THIRSTY!

TOP: Left> 22MagG2 (EV Day or 1 over night), Right> Reckoning (3-7 day BC)
BOTTOM: Left> Scout day/hunt fr truck, desert pack, Not to pack game meat, just daily gear.
Right> Tailgunner2 (fishing pack).

26" Duplex Hunter frame. Love the 22 mag on this frame, attach gear underneath.
Assorted pouches, Guide Lid, Sherman, Grab-It and belt accessories, too.

Attachments

• Kifaru All Packs.resz.JPG
    Kifaru All Packs.resz.JPG
    283.7 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
OP
mavinwa2

mavinwa2

WKR
since I was PM'd....clarify the 22MagG2 image.
it has a Sherman pocket attached, over 2 lg pockets. Those are Swaro 15x56mm in the Sherman.

Attachments

• Kifaru 22MagG2 Sherman open binocs resz.JPG
    Kifaru 22MagG2 Sherman open binocs resz.JPG
    235.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Kifaru 22MagG2 w.Sherman 2 resize.JPG
    Kifaru 22MagG2 w.Sherman 2 resize.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 214
  • Kifaru 22MagG2 w.Sherman laid out 2 resz.JPG
    Kifaru 22MagG2 w.Sherman laid out 2 resz.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
OP
mavinwa2

mavinwa2

WKR
maybe I'm advertising...maybe an addiction. He-he.

Seriously, like the Stryker designs and now Kifaru adds Hellbender sizing. This HB & options seems to get as close to One-Pack-Does-All for hunting situations.

But I've got the packs needed for my hunt/fish situations.
Just thought to post as someone out there might want to see pack sizing comparisons.

Last edited:

tracker12

WKR
since I was PM'd....clarify the 22MagG2 image.
it has a Sherman pocket attached, over 2 lg pockets. Those are Swaro 15x56mm in the Sherman.
That Sherman is really nice. I have finally been talked into a Kifaru. Now to find a deal on a frame.

Marble

WKR
That Sherman is really nice. I have finally been talked into a Kifaru. Now to find a deal on a frame.
Congrats! It's gonna be summer pretty quick so you'll need to get that thing set up and start breaking it in! Or breaking you in...probably.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

tracker12

WKR
I have my eye on the Stryker XL. It will work for my couple west trips a year plus small enough to use back east.

Last edited:
OP
mavinwa2

mavinwa2

WKR
I had the Stryker then the Stryker XL and wanted to like it but unless it was full it felt sloppy and moved around. The old MR Crew Cab was a better design but the frame was lacking.
Was wondering about this possibility with the extra length panel>pack of the Stryker series. Can only snug those large buckles down so much.
Passing on HB, keep my 22MagG2

prm

WKR
I would agree that getting empty/lightly loaded bags tightened down is something Kifaru could improve. The distance from clip to clip can only get so short using their buckle system. On the Stryker, if you attach to the front it will get tight even if empty. It’s not an issue if actually carrying much in the bag.
75586A9D-F8A0-446A-84B0-93D81584F521.jpeg

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Kind of a disease imo. Next thing I knew, I had half a closet full of Kifaru stuff. Then I started drink the Kifaru Kowboy Koolaid. Then I started defending them even when they were clearly in the wrong. Gotta be something in the fabric that elicits these reactions.

First step to recovery is admitting that they make mistakes and should be called out for it. ( see kifaru weight thread.)

GeoFish

FNG
I just got a Stryker and yes it is a little loose when not full. I have some of these on order, with some tubular webbing I should be able to compress the bag.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220419-164039_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220419-164039_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 61
Well, I bought a MC hellbender last week. I owned a Stryker. Not big enough. I’m figuring the hellbender will fit the bill much better of carrying gear and neat at the same time.

Stryker, Stryker XL, and I’m assuming the hellbender too, are all packs that should tighten up empty or not. Move the strapping to the front webbing. It’ll cinch down nicely.

I would agree that getting empty/lightly loaded bags tightened down is something Kifaru could improve. The distance from clip to clip can only get so short using their buckle system. On the Stryker, if you attach to the front it will get tight even if empty. It’s not an issue if actually carrying much in the bag.
View attachment 402932
Maybe I am not understanding what you are saying, but you can move those buckles inward towards the center of the pack and cinch an empty-ish bag down to virtually flat if you wanted.