Danner Boots

I use the combat hikers and love them. I just got a pair of the improved combat hikers and they seem stiffer. I also rock the desert Acadia gore tex and non-gore tex. Really bummed they discounted the desert Acadia. :-( I have a pair of lowa rangers and the zamberlan outfitters and will pick my danners over the European boots most times. For some reason the euro crap just fits weird. Not enough to justify not using them or causing any issues but just danner over them. I'm excited to see the thoroughfare boot this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
IF the only comparison you have is Rangers you are missin' the boat - Although I have untold miles on mine when I tried the Tibets I was INSTANTLY sold on them and will be …. wore Danner Pronghorns for a very long time before trying on Lowas and thinking WOW !!

TomM

FNG
I think the leather on mine shrunk, and with the stitch down construction makes them feel narrow.
Do you feel the actual last shrunk in the width, or the leather? Interested to know because my Hood’s are a narrow, and I’ve always had narrow feet. However last fall I felt they were much more snug than in seasons past and didn’t know if it was the boot or my feet were getting wider as I age. I’ve always treated them with Danner products or Montana Pitch-blend.

The soles are definitely a harder rubber and terrible on ice and hard pack snow. I have Schnees for that though.

That’s a narrow last to begin with and I’m considering ordering another pair in Regular width. Along with trying Crispi GTX Guides.

quent

Lil-Rokslider
IF the only comparison you have is Rangers you are missin' the boat - Although I have untold miles on mine when I tried the Tibets I was INSTANTLY sold on them and will be …. wore Danner Pronghorns for a very long time before trying on Lowas and thinking WOW !!
Nah, I have rangers, baffin, and tibet. I honestly thought they were good boots but nothing stellar. I bought a pair zamberlan's instead last year and for my feet they are 100% better then lowa. For me. Glad you dig lowa but I've found zamberlan to fit better.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk