Danner Boots

quent

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I plan to do a write up because lack of good reviews is what kept me from ordering them for a while. The crispis were great they just didn't work for my foot shape.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Awesome! Looking forward to it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I still have a pair of Elkridge that Danner made for Cabela's. They were my favorite boot and I was disappointed when they stopped making them. I tried the Elkhunter, but they were no wear near the quality or comfort of the Elkridge. I switched to Kenetrek and havent seen a pair of Danner's that I am interested in since. I still plan on sending them back to get a rebuild, but I just keep putting it off. Damn they were good boots!

Had some uninsulated goretex Pronghorns & they ended up leaking. I didn’t use them much either so they should not have been worn out. Both L & R leaked so definitely a quality issue. Not happy! Bought some Lowa’s though & I’m thrilled with them!

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
I will be extremely disappointed if these leak.

87TT

WKR
I bought some Danners last year. Not sure what model but the were non insulated above the ankle. They were a little tight around the ball of my foot but I didn't want to get them too loose so I went with regular instead of wide. I don't wear wide on any other boots or shoes. I really tried to like them and break them in. I even wore the first two weeks of the season and averaged about 8-12 miles a day. They never did and I threw them in the back of the closet. They never leaked though. Just hurt my feet.

quent

Lil-Rokslider
I will be extremely disappointed if these leak.

They shouldn't. Just treat them. Nubuck leather is annoying to deal with unless you just give a f@#k and treat the leather like it's full grain.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
They shouldn't. Just treat them. Nubuck leather is annoying to deal with unless you just give a f@#k and treat the leather like it's full grain.

I have a thing of crispi boot cream from when I thought I was going crispi and some snow seal. I will probably treat them next week before I start hunting them

quent

Lil-Rokslider
I have a thing of crispi boot cream from when I thought I was going crispi and some snow seal. I will probably treat them next week before I start hunting them

Hahaha man, figuring out what to use to treat what boot and leather is insanely annoying. Are you going to use the sno seal on them?

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
Hahaha man, figuring out what to use to treat what boot and leather is insanely annoying. Are you going to use the sno seal on them?

Yeah don't want to void any warranty by using the wrong brand.. I think danner sells a gel

I was gonna try the cream since they are a soft leather I thought it would soak in better. The snow seal I used on a pair or stiff lowas

quent

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah don't want to void any warranty by using the wrong brand.. I think danner sells a gel

I was gonna try the cream since they are a soft leather I thought it would soak in better. The snow seal I used on a pair or stiff lowas

Exactly. I use obenauf's on my lowas with no issues but I also got them second hand so I dont have to worry about warranty. Brand new boots are another story. You definitely know danner will say use their crap haha

eamyrick

WKR
I've been wearing Danner Acadias for 10 years for LE patrol and various other special assignments. This fall I wore them on a 7 day mule deer hunt in the Texas desert/mountains due to the rock and thorns everywhere. My feet felt great after the week. With Danners you really need 2-3 months to break them in. I recently purchased a pair of the Patrols (short Acadias). I have 140 hours on them so far and they still are completely broken in but compared to other boots I've tried they are pretty bombproof and you get 3-4 times the use as compared to other options.

quent

Lil-Rokslider
I've been wearing Danner Acadias for 10 years for LE patrol and various other special assignments. This fall I wore them on a 7 day mule deer hunt in the Texas desert/mountains due to the rock and thorns everywhere. My feet felt great after the week. With Danners you really need 2-3 months to break them in. I recently purchased a pair of the Patrols (short Acadias). I have 140 hours on them so far and they still are completely broken in but compared to other boots I've tried they are pretty bombproof and you get 3-4 times the use as compared to other options.
I love the Acadias. The desert Acadias are my favorite. I couldn't find them with gore tex so I got a pair of the danner marine gtx which is kind of similar. Can't go wrong with American made boots man.

I have a pair of Pronghorns. I did not like them. Therecwas not enough material in the tongue area and water would get down in the boot. It almost seemed like the interior bootie opening was too small for the size. That made getting them on a real PIA. Once on the top of my foot always felt restricted although the boot fit my feet on the sides and length. On the other hand my cousin bought a pair and he thinks they are the cats meow.

quent

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Pronghorns. I did not like them. Therecwas not enough material in the tongue area and water would get down in the boot. It almost seemed like the interior bootie opening was too small for the size. That made getting them on a real PIA. Once on the top of my foot always felt restricted although the boot fit my feet on the sides and length. On the other hand my cousin bought a pair and he thinks they are the cats meow.
Why are you wasting your money on the Chinese shit?

Wrench

WKR
I bought a pair of mountain lite 2's on a whim because they were only 2bills. I think they will become my go to footwear anytime I don't need massive ankle support. Light, sneaky and they fit my foot well.

quent

Lil-Rokslider
Dang good question.
My first pair of danners were pronghorn and to this day I still don't like them. Still have them and nothing wrong with them but they just aren't a solid boot. They'd be fine out east. Since then I've had the combat hiker (regular and improved), desert Acadia, rivot, and the marine 8" all for work and I've loved them all. I use the combat hiker for archery and it's just as solid as the lowas and zamberlan's I have. They've held up way better then lowas for sure. Constant gore tex issues with f!@#kin lowas... never again.

Tower

FNG
I have a pair of Hood Winter Lights that are 8-10 years old and going strong. These came in a narrow width at one time but not any longer. With these being recraftable there’s no reason why these won’t last a very long time. I’m considering the Canadians for a little more height. I’d like to try Crispis but there isn’t a dealer in my area and I’d like to try them on before buying.