Danner boots

jrod_9

FNG
I’m wanting to get a good pair of hunting boots mainly for cold weather.
I’m looking at the Danner Powderhorn 400. Does anybody have any experience with these boots?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apsudd

FNG
Don’t have experience with these exact boots but I do love my Danner’s I got for hiking. Will probably double as my hunting boot for early season as well. Very comfortable.

Spike elk

WKR
No experience with that specific model from Danner but have had several different sets of Danner Pronghorns in the rotation for about 18 years. They have been pretty comfortable and waterproof. However I do not think that their quality control is what it used to be and will be very open minded next time a go looking for a boot.

SDHNTR

WKR
Buy the original legacy American made Danners from Oregon and you will get a great boot! Buy the Chinese junk that Lacrosse produces under the Danner name and you will get junk. Night and day difference in quality.

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
Buy the original legacy American made Danners from Oregon and you will get a great boot! Buy the Chinese junk that Lacrosse produces under the Danner name and you will get junk. Night and day difference in quality.

Agreed. I have spent a lot of money re-soling Legacy American Danner’s (which is a good thing). Other boots out there for sure though.

FS38

FNG
I've liked the Danners I've had, but I've also had some Irish Setters that were comfortable and wore a long time.
The price is right!

LBuchser

WKR
I've ran Danner Ft Lewis, Olympic, Acadias and Strikers for the last 11 years for work and I have no complaints. Just to be clear, all except the Strikers were the "Made in the U.S.A" versions and held up well and broke in very nicely. I love my Danners and still use them at work everyday. I have also ran Danner Crater Rims for certain types of hiking/hunting. They have held up well and are like slippers. I have used Zamberlans, Crispis and Irish Setter Elk Trackers for hunting and love those too.

tlake

FNG
I have had a pair of Rain Trees for ten years. Don't buy the cheaper Danners that you see.