Danner snake boots?

Midwestwaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any experience with Danner snake boots? I’ve got a 50% off Danner coupon, figured it’s not a bad idea to get some snake boots for turkey hunting.

Rokwiia

WKR
I hope that works out for you. I find it difficult enough to find any boot that fits properly and is comfortable. For that reason, I went with snake gaiters (Turtleskin). Good luck with the snakeboots. That's a valuable coupon if you can find a pair that are comfortable and can be worn all day.

OP
M

Midwestwaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
I hope that works out for you. I find it difficult enough to find any boot that fits properly and is comfortable. For that reason, I went with snake gaiters (Turtleskin). Good luck with the snakeboots. That's a valuable coupon if you can find a pair that are comfortable and can be worn all day.
Thanks. I’m also looking at the turtle skins, they cost about the same as what the snake boots would with 50% off. I’ve never worn snake boots, but after some research I’m thinking gaiters might be best for walking in the hills all day.

SDHNTR

WKR
Most uncomfortable boot of any sort I’ve ever put my feet in. They might be fine for driving your atv tight to your stand and sitting but I would not want to walk a 1/4 mile in them!

OP
M

Midwestwaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
Most uncomfortable boot of any sort I’ve ever put my feet in. They might be fine for driving your atv tight to your stand and sitting but I would not want to walk a 1/4 mile in them!
Thanks. Think I’ll just go the gaiter route.

I've had a pair of Danner Sharptail boots and found them to be uncomfortable after a few weeks and about 25 miles would not get comfortable. They are a slip on type and were well made and water proof. A must for Florida Turkey. Snake gaiters are pretty good except it you get bitten in the foot :(. An expensive pair of snake boots is a lot cheaper than your deductible for a snake bit visit to the ER. That can run in tens of thousands of dollars. I'm wearing Rocky Retractor boots but they leak. Some of the lighter Danner boots look good but I can only comment on the Sharptail leather boots.

FLAK

WKR
Xactly. They're horrible.
Spend your $ on gaiters.

I replaced my leaky Rocky boots with a pair of LaCrosse 4 Alpha that's a Snakeproof rubber neoprene boot and I doubt will every leak. It's about 80 degrees today (WTF) and I was comfortable on a 3 mile hike with a 25 lb pack . They are comfortable and feel broken in after a few minutes. They have a rear gusset that has a strap that you can open up to help get them on and for hot weather. Boots are one thing you really can't buy online and lucky I have a great local dealer.

Curtis_C

FNG
I use the snakeguardz gaiters. Not too bad to wear. They seem a little thin, but their website claims they have done a lot of testing.