Danner Thoroughfare

Saw a short video on youtube from the ATA on this boot, but cant seem to find any more info anywhere. Looks to be a solid offering, I really like the fact it's made in the USA. Anyone seen/heard anything further, specifically when it will be available?

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
Saw a short video on youtube from the ATA on this boot, but cant seem to find any more info anywhere. Looks to be a solid offering, I really like the fact it's made in the USA. Anyone seen/heard anything further, specifically when it will be available?
If anyone is looking for a lighter duty boot that's similar to the Thorofare they have the Crag Rat USA. They didn't get much promo or attention but they're basically the same lower as the Thorofare with a 7" upper. They're also made in Oregon like the Thorofare (both with some imported materials).

e0228a5468272288c7700550375bdd6d.jpg
4ed9c003cdaa39d125ae94b9f52af911.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

quent

Lil-Rokslider
Either of you fellas get your hands on these Thorofares yet?
Not yet. I just bought a new barrel and upper receiver for my AR that was the same price as these boots. I think I'm going to have to wear out my zamberlan's before I get the OK from the misses lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not yet. I just bought a new barrel and upper receiver for my AR that was the same price as these boots. I think I'm going to have to wear out my zamberlan's before I get the OK from the misses lol

Hahah. I hear you there!

I do have a pair on the way so I'll probably add to this thread as I get some miles on them then. 👍

quent

Lil-Rokslider
Hahah. I hear you there!

I do have a pair on the way so I'll probably add to this thread as I get some miles on them then.
Nice, I look forward to your future comments. Been waiting on these all year.

Trial153

WKR
I got a pair of USA made Danner combat hikers, they arent exactly the most comfortable boots i ever owned, with better insoles they are tolerable for short hikes. I give them to someone local if they could use them. I dont wear them.

quent

Lil-Rokslider
I got a pair of USA made Danner combat hikers, they arent exactly the most comfortable boots i ever owned, with better insoles they are tolerable for short hikes. I give them to someone local if they could use them. I dont wear them.
I got issued two pair for Afghanistan and hated them. Years later I just realized I didn't get the right size. I love them now. But I also understand that every boot fits everyone differently. I hope they weren't 10.5 W... I wouldn't have taken them ;-)

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
Those aren't anything like the Thorofare or The Crag Rat USA. They're way floppier in the sole and upper (the combat ones).

I had a good fitting pair of combat hikers, I really liked them other than they were too short. They didn’t offer the support for carrying a heavy pack.

These Danner Thorofares look really interesting. I would much rather keep my $$ in the USA.

F22D899D-1894-4774-B9C0-86FD855868E3.jpeg

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone is looking for a lighter duty boot that's similar to the Thorofare they have the Crag Rat USA. They didn't get much promo or attention but they're basically the same lower as the Thorofare with a 7" upper. They're also made in Oregon like the Thorofare (both with some imported materials).

e0228a5468272288c7700550375bdd6d.jpg
4ed9c003cdaa39d125ae94b9f52af911.jpg

I'm running a pair of the crag rats, I like them so far and got a good price $225 on Amazon last spring.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
I'm running a pair of the crag rats, I like them so far and got a good price $225 on Amazon last spring.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Yep, they're a steal. They're built as well as many boots costing almost double. They're easily worth their $300 msrp compared to the low-end Crispi, Solomon, Lowa, etc.

I put my Superfeet in them and they're the most comfortable boots (that have any rigidity) that I've ever tried. I expect to put 5-10 miles a day on them for the next two weeks starting Friday (unless I shoot an elk early).

Justenfl

FNG
So finally got the thorofare's in a couple days ago from Danner. I wore them around the house the first afternoon, then the next day around town running errands, and then today I jogged a mile with my training pack on(35 lbs). And then since I'm a flatlander I got on the treadmill still with pack on and did 10 mins at a 15% incline. So totally not broken in but they feel good. No heel slipping and perfect amount of room in the toe box. Good stiff sole and seem to be fantastic quality. My last good pair of boots were the danner elk hunters (Cabelas Edition) and they are leaps and bounds better in every aspect. Price out the door was $535. I'll try to snap some pics in a little bit.

honlx005

FNG
What type of activity are these meant for? They look like a daily boot, but are they also waterproof?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk