Danner to Crispi

I’ve worn Danner Pronghorns for as long as I can remember. I believe 5 pairs total. The quality of this boot has really went downhill and I’m ready for a change. I’m looking at the Crispi Nevada uninsilated. My main question is, as far as sizing, do they run true to size? I wear a 10.5 in the Danner’s. I’m not going to have the privilege of trying a pair on before I order. Any input would be appreciated. TIA

tex0373

Lil-Rokslider
I wear a size 13 in tennis shoes. Ordered a pair of Idaho’s in 12.5 and they were a little too small. I would think the Nevada would be sized the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made the same switch - Pronghorn's 11.5 to Crispi Idaho's in 11.5 - true to size in my experience. You won't regret the switch.

OP
N
How did the Idaho’s compare to the pronghorn as far as durability?

Danner size will be Crispi size.

Idaho will blow the pronghorn out of the water durability and comfort wise.

Crispi Level 3 flex is prob 50% stiffer then the pronghorn. So if the super flexiable sole is something you want to carry over try a Level 2 boot.
The sole on the pronghorns were to soft for me and if I was on a lot of rocks my feet would get sore.

MTElk1987

FNG
I made the switch from Meindl to Crispi's two years ago and will never change (as long as quality stays top notch). I wear a 12 and they fit just like my tennis shoes, or anything else I own in size 12 for that matter. The Idaho is probably my favorite boot ever made. I wear them everywhere. I wore them feeding cows on New Years Eve (-8 and 4" of snow) and with a heavy pair of wool socks my feet stayed warm.

OP
N
It looks like the Idaho’s are a 10” boot. My pronghorns have always been 8”. Did any of you have any issues making the switch?

Try the Wyomings the are the same as the Idaho just shorter, 7 or 8inch .
For me it kinda depends on the weather what boot I'm going to wear.
Tend to like a taller boot for deep snow and a shorter lighter boot when I can get away with it.
10" is a good do all.
But I'm kind of a boot addict to I dont mind having more then on pair.

wyoguy

Lil-Rokslider
I have never worn Danners but the Nevada 10.5 are true to size and seem to me to have a touch wider toe box than other brands I've worn. I think I'm really going to like them just haven't tried them in the field yet.

Ka88

FNG
I have worn Danner Pronghorns and similar boots in the past. I recently bought my first pair of Crispi Nevada Non-insulated. I have to wear a thick orthotic insole, and need a wider and roomier toe box because of this. In a tennis shoe I wear a 10.5 wide. But I tried on the 11 regular in the Nevada and they fit like a dream. I have plenty of wiggle room for my toes even with a liner sock and wool sock on. My ankle and high instep fit really well also. My Lowa Hunter’s were an 11 wide, and the Nevada’s offer more toe box room in a regular width than the Lowa’s. I would wear the Crispi boot all day over the Pronghorn for comfort. Even though it is a stiffer boot, the forefoot flexes well, and the rocker built into the sole make it comfortable to walk in all day. I live in Florida and my feet sweat, but the Crispi’s have breathed well for me, and were great when I was in Wyoming a week ago in snow. If I were ordering a boot and had normal insoles, I would order this boot true to size. Different boots work for different feet, but for me the Nevada has been a good choice. Sorry for rambling on, but hope this helps.