Danner USA Made Elk Hunters

Looking for a pair of USA made hunting boots and came across these in the Danner website. Has anyone had any experience with these? They look pretty solid to me.

BAKPAKR

WKR
One of my hunting partners wore out a pair, decided to try Crispis next, hated them, and got another pair of Elk Hunters. He really likes them. Several years ago, I had a pair of Danner Ft. Lewis boots that I had re-soled with airbobs and I liked those. A pair of all leather Danner hikers didn’t fit me so well. Like any pair of boots, I think it depends on whether or not they fit your unique feet.

gearguywb

WKR
I have a pair of the elk hunters. I think they are a pretty good all around kind of boot. Used them in W. CO. elk hunting and they did well.

Gunny

FNG
I had the danner elk hunters. They lasted a really long time, but ended up developing a squeak in the sole that was too annoying.
They were a rugged boot that lasted though.

I now have crispi nevadas.

Comparing the two, i would say the Nevadas "seem" lighter, more comfortable, and have a softer foot bed. I say seem bc i havent compared specs, but im pretty sure they are.

Ive worn various Danner boots for about 25 yrs now, and dont see myself getting any more in the forseeable future.

Im not throwing off on Danner, but having tried another brand, the Danners feel heavy, too narrow, clunky, and hard footbed. They actually ship with a hard plastic insole.

Im a flatlander and my perspective is not from the mountains (much).

I had danners years ago that were tough as nails. Still have a couple of late 90s acadias in my closet.

some of the newer stuff has been crap. I would probably focus elsewhere for boots I planned to put serious mileage on. I still use some danners for certain things but not for going deep into the woods or far from the truck.

Zzyzx

FNG
I had the Danner Elk Hunters (US). Wore out quicker than I had hoped (leaked). But every boot seems too I guess. Leaked long before the leather and sole looked bad.

Night and day between outsourced and US built Danners. I still use them as were my daily boots in the service but there are just so many good options!

My US made Danners were the worst boots of all of my Danners, sadly. My East Ridge leaked early and got worse as time went in. Shortest life of any boot I’ve owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old thread but for those who are looking for boots this site is full of Danner haters and Crispi fanboys tbh. I have a pair of US made Elk Hunters that are now on their 15th season.

Bought a pair of Crispi Nevadas last year and they were the WORST boot ive owned to date. I wear a size 11 in Danners (and everything else) and the Elk Hunters are perfect on my feet. But for Crispi, horrible. I started with an 11 and nothing but MAJOR movement in the heel no matter what way i tied them. Per Crispi i returned and tried a 10.5 based on what they told me. Well, STILL major slop in my heel. There is no way im a size 10 in anything much less a boot. This is not an isolated case if you really dig into Crispi boots. So now im stuck with a crap pair of Crispi Nevadas as i kept the 10.5 and put at least 100 miles on them in an attempt to break them in but that wasnt the problem its just the boot.

That being said, buy Danner if you want knowing they are a SOLID boot with high praise everywhere minus Rokslide. I swear guys here have blisters and discomfort all over their feet just to "fit in".

Kdavis44

FNG
I have had issues with sizing, but not related to any boot brand specifically. In running shoes I wear a size 10, but in boots a size 8.5 fits.

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
I have had issues with sizing, but not related to any boot brand specifically. In running shoes I wear a size 10, but in boots a size 8.5 fits.
That's pretty common, even with Danners.

I wear a 13 in running shoes and I'm between a 12/12.5 in most legit hiking boots including the Danner USA Crag Rats I wear now.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk