Danner Vital didn't work out need to get new boots for archery elk.

I got a pair of Danner Vital in 12 wide for this year's archery season but got my feet pretty tore up on Dog mountain, Wa on a recent hike. I was getting some discomfort in the heel/achilles area on both feet on the way up but the descent was what really stood out in terms of troubles, toes (index and big toe) smashing into the toe cap the entire way down and rubbing on the outer edge of my big toes. Blisters (big toes outer edge) and heavy bruising (index toes) on the front end and beginning of blisters on the back. I'll be moving on from the vitals but not sure about trying other hunting boots in the danner line (powderhorn or pronghorn) in 12 EE since it feels like a 12.5 is the next size I should try but Danners doesn't carry a 12.5.

Looking for some feedback on sizing for the powder horn/pronghorn in comparison to the vital if it's worth giving the 12 EE a shot or looking at other boot makers for a 12.5. Primarily looking for archery elk in the backcountry so I'll be looking at uninsulated options but I'll probably be working my way into other season as well. I can go up in budget if need be so not limited to the 250 range.

Lowg08

WKR
I’m going to second the scarpa. I just bought a pair this last week. I wore them on a break in 6.5 mile scouting loop. I won’t lie. I have a blister on my left heel and a hot spot on the right also both pads on the big toes had a little hot spot. I should have paid more attention to my socks. I grabbed a wore out pair with little to no fabric left in those spots. Outside of that. No issues with ankle support or mashed toes. Went well
On rocks and mud and all. I have worn a pair of salomon for 3 years. They never leaked or anything just getting worn out.

Been a danner fan for a long, long time. Have one set of acadias from the late 1990s in my stable. I can’t say I have been overwhelmed with their quality or innovation in the last 10 years. If I am being honest, I think other boot makers are well out in front of them on design and execution.

I would suggest looking at Crispi. I wear a 13 wide and have been very happy with their boots. Crispi is slowly supplanting my hiking and longer range hunting boots (mix of kenetrek, merrell and asolo) as I wear them out. I still own some danners that I wear frequently and on short hunts but I doubt I would go back to them for long hiking or hunting trips.

OP
W
I've heard a ton of good things about crispi and a few places near me carry them. First time I've heard about Scarpa but I'll check em out.

Buck197

WKR
Been a danner fan for a long, long time. Have one set of acadias from the late 1990s in my stable. I can’t say I have been overwhelmed with their quality or innovation in the last 10 years. If I am being honest, I think other boot makers are well out in front of them on design and execution.

I would suggest looking at Crispi. I wear a 13 wide and have been very happy with their boots. Crispi is slowly supplanting my hiking and longer range hunting boots (mix of kenetrek, merrell and asolo) as I wear them out. I still own some danners that I wear frequently and on short hunts but I doubt I would go back to them for long hiking or hunting trips.
I think, not positive, the key to modern day Danner is the Oregon made ones. I got a pair for work at the railroad, and I am pretty happy..suckers are heavy tho. But heard only get the Danvers made in Oregon, not sure otherwise.

Try Crispis and lock the laces. This is one technique...there are several. Experiment till you find the one that works best for you.

OP
W
Try Crispis and lock the laces. This is one technique...there are several. Experiment till you find the one that works best for you.

So update decided to give a few selections a try and ended up with the Crispi Nevada. Absolutely love the way they feel on my feet, took em on a half day hike and no issues whatsoever. Thanks everyone for the discussion!