Dark Energy Pseidon

BKhunter

WKR
I have one...And love it. Holds a ton of juice and can charge multiple items for me during a week trip. I think it's worth it.

I got one for Christmas and use it all the time. Way better than the Goal Zero I used to carry around. It's smaller and charges faster.

gamehuntr

Lil-Rokslider
Buy it! It's worth every penny! I have a few and I don't go a day without it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colonel00

WKR
I just can't see the justification for the price. $100 for 10K mah? I've been using the Anker 21K mah battery that can be had for $40 or less. Sure, it's not as rugged but neither are all the electronics I'm charging. I just figure that if I take a plunge and the battery gets wet, it has better chances of surviving than other stuff.

Love mine, dependable holds charge forever. Works in the wet and cold roo

I'm with the colonel. Not enough juice to justify the price. The Anker Astro e7 is 26,800mah and around $60. Mines been working perfectly for two seasons now. No way would I pay more to get less just for the name and supposed "ruggedness".

I'm with bill and colonel as well, I've got an anker going on 3 years and I've been very happy with it. I'm sure it doesn't hold as much of a charge as it did say one, but I haven't noticed.

If I was running a go pro or camera all the time (video) and wanted to run it to a pack I would pay the extra coin for the Posiden, as I think the weatherproofing would have a lot of value in that aspect.

cg2737

WKR
I have two and love them. I always have one in my pack at work and in the field. I purchased both at 20% off, one on Father's Day and one at the Harrisburg outdoor show. I think you can always get them for 15% off using the #gritty. Plus Garrett is Super nice guy and I am happy to support his company.

dotman

WKR
I'm with the colonel. Not enough juice to justify the price. The Anker Astro e7 is 26,800mah and around $60. Mines been working perfectly for two seasons now. No way would I pay more to get less just for the name and supposed "ruggedness".

I have the 20000 and a new 20800, the 20000 has been dropped and I don't baby it. I do try to take care of it but crap happens, after 3 years of hard use it still works great.

I'm also in the camp of the premium price makes no sense to me as everything we are charging, as colonel00 says, is more delicate then the battery pack. I can buy almost 3 20k+ Anker s for the price of one Dark Energy. So the DE may be more durable but with the minimal battery life and high price there are better overall values even if they may need replaced sooner.

Last edited:

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I received one as a gift. I've broken quite a few battery packs, others just stopped working, some got wet, etc. She did her research and picked the Poseidon. I dig it and would buy another in a heartbeat. I get around 4 full charges on an IPhone off of it, have beat the crap out of it, swam with it, and it's still rolling.

The advantage to the Dark Energy is durability/ruggedness and waterproofness. It does not hold the most power, it is not the lightest. but, if you want something that you can put in your pack and not have too worry too much about it, then its great. I don't like failures, so I bought the posiden and its been flawless thus far.

DIY HNTR

FNG
I just bought a Poseidon and im also getting an Anker 20,000mah. I figure I'll use the Anker as my primary and use the Poseidon as my backup in case the Anker takes a crap. That way I know I've got plenty of juice for a 7-10 day hunt. If the Anker craps out during the trip I'll conserve power and still have the fail proof Poseidon as backup. Then at least im not in it for $200. But it's probably safe to use 2 Ankers and keep one in a waterproof container. I will probably be on solo hunts, so I pay more to knock down my risk of failures. At least when your hunting with buddies you can usually scrape through the hunt between both of your gear if one has a failure.

DIY HNTR

FNG
I know on the Gritty Bowmen podcast Brian said Aron Snyder tested it in the freezer and ran over it with a car and it worked fine.

Bulldawg

WKR
I just bought a Poseidon and im also getting an Anker 20,000mah. I figure I'll use the Anker as my primary and use the Poseidon as my backup in case the Anker takes a crap. That way I know I've got plenty of juice for a 7-10 day hunt. If the Anker craps out during the trip I'll conserve power and still have the fail proof Poseidon as backup. Then at least im not in it for $200. But it's probably safe to use 2 Ankers and keep one in a waterproof container. I will probably be on solo hunts, so I pay more to knock down my risk of failures. At least when your hunting with buddies you can usually scrape through the hunt between both of your gear if one has a failure.

That sounds like a lot of unnecessary equipment, I use the Poseidon and will take it for a 7 day hunt no problem, no way am I carrying two battery packs, it pains me to bring one. Think how much you will use your phone when you are out there, it should be minimal cause if you are on the phone you aren't hunting, and if you use it to take pics of a successful hunt, you can drain it cause then you are on your way out to the truck anyways where you can charge it. Just food for thought.

I like it when people say they don't see the point in paying xxxx for a product because they have something that works just as well for half the price, yet they spent stupid amounts of money on packs, optics, shelters, etc.....

DIY HNTR

FNG
Yeah, I actually thought about that and decided to just go with the poseidon to charge my cell phone, and my sat phone. Everything else can use AA batteries so I'll just bring some spares