Darn Tough socks sizing question

wilydawg

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys,

I'm looking at trying out some Darn Tough's after hearing so much good about them. I'm thinking 1403's

I have a size 12 foot, and their size chart puts me at the top of the range for their large size (10-12)

My question is for those that run them and are my shoe size, would you go with large or jump to XL's? (12.5 and up)

Thanks!

Trial153

WKR
I am 10/10.5, use a large in darn tough socks and they are on the snug side. I have about 6 pairs of various styles

FLAK

WKR
I'm a 14W and if I buy anymore I'll have to get a 2xl. If they make em.
Currently a XL and they're ok, but would prefer a lil bigger.

I would go with the xl if I were you. I have size 11 feet and use the large in most of their socks but xl in their light weight socks . They have spandex in them and in my opinion are too tight. Wool socks tend to tighten up with washing so if they are too loose they will fit better after washing.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm the opposite. I wear a 13 and if I get socks in anything bigger than a 9-12 or 10-12 size, the heel is halfway up my achilles even after washing.

muddydogs

WKR
I were the full cushion sock have size 12 feet and the large sock fits perfect even after multiple washes. An xl sock would be to long with material bunching around the toes.

Hunter6

WKR
I love the boot length light cushion. I wear them everyday. I wear a size 12 m boot and the large sock is what fits me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They just warranted a pair that I’d worn holes in the heals of. They are pricy but you can’t beat that. Doubt I’ll ever wear anything else again. Love the things year around in different styles and weights.

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
I'm an 11 and I wear the T4021 and T4022 for work in a Large. They fit well but could be a little more snug. I feel like I'd be comfortable in them as a 12.