Darwin award:

*zap*

WKR

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
I always thought that DAW had to do something so stupid that it ended in their death. Maybe the criteria has changed?

No matter, if the Grizz had managed to secure her as a meal, it would have been eatin' good in the neighborhood for quite a while.

Eddie

Dirtbag

WKR
I don't know how I feel about this and our policies regarding wildlife in national parks in general. Is she ignorant, yes, but Its also easy for us to point and laugh because everyone on this forum is more knowledgeable about wildlife than 90% of the public because we went out of our way to learn. I could see where if this was the first time you had left the safety of major cities in your life(these people exist) and you go to what is now basically an amusement park, that you'd probably think its fine to take a close photo of a bear. There are signs everywhere about not approaching wildlife but that I think is interpreted as " dont run out into hayden valley and chase the buffalo". She's practically on the sidewalk.

I don't know how many of you have been to Yellowstone in the past few years, but its a disaster. Too many people, too little management in many accounts. Traffic jams, crowds, trash etc. and stupid people who can't control themselves. its great that its an easy area to see bears and other animals, but part of me thinks we take measures to make sure bears still have a healthy fear of humans, and keep their distance from roads, parking lots, trailheads and so on. Keep in mind these bears can leave the park anytime. in regards to poor wildlife management, seems like much of the policies and ideologies sprout from our national parks.

open to discussion.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
It takes almost 0 common sense to comprehend that a 400-700 pound bear will kill you with very little effort. She needs to barred from all national parks for the rest of her life and should not be allowed to breed. Any offspring would be dumber than her. Because of idiots like her, there will come a time when all people will be required to remain in their vehicle when wild life is present. FOOL.

FLATHEAD

WKR
They're everywhere. I once saw a woman chasing a sow black bear with 2 cubs in the GSMNP (TN). Just to get a picture.
Why that bear didnt slap her around is a mystery.

wyodan

WKR
I don't know how I feel about this and our policies regarding wildlife in national parks in general. Is she ignorant, yes, but Its also easy for us to point and laugh because everyone on this forum is more knowledgeable about wildlife than 90% of the public because we went out of our way to learn. I could see where if this was the first time you had left the safety of major cities in your life(these people exist) and you go to what is now basically an amusement park, that you'd probably think its fine to take a close photo of a bear. There are signs everywhere about not approaching wildlife but that I think is interpreted as " dont run out into hayden valley and chase the buffalo". She's practically on the sidewalk.

I don't know how many of you have been to Yellowstone in the past few years, but its a disaster. Too many people, too little management in many accounts. Traffic jams, crowds, trash etc. and stupid people who can't control themselves. its great that its an easy area to see bears and other animals, but part of me thinks we take measures to make sure bears still have a healthy fear of humans, and keep their distance from roads, parking lots, trailheads and so on. Keep in mind these bears can leave the park anytime. in regards to poor wildlife management, seems like much of the policies and ideologies sprout from our national parks.

open to discussion.
I feel like if you've researched going to Yellowstone, somewhere you have seen that bears are dangerous and have killed people. If not, there are plenty of signs to indicate this throughout the park. I hope they hold her accountable and make it so she doesn't want to visit another national park, or at least she would pay attention to the rules next time.

I don't go up there often, but it's not to see the wildlife. It can be very entertaining to see the s**t show in action.

One and only time I was in Yellowstone was around 1982 or 83. Saw a man getting way to close to a really nice moose trying to take a picture. It charged him and the guy scrambled up a tree. Idiot!

We just need park employees to carry those less lethal things, you know, the bean bag guns.

They shoot bears that get too close, and tourists that get too close.
How big do your balls have to be to shoot a grizzly bear with a bean bag? Prolly bigger than the bean bag.... also make sure you are with a fat slow person when you do it.

There is a creek near Lake Tahoe with a heavy Kokanee salmon run in the fall. The black bears are all over that of course... and the tourists from the Bay Area are known for taking selfies with the bears. No Darwin awards yet, but some day. The sad thing is when that happens the bear will be blamed.

How big do your balls have to be to shoot a grizzly bear with a bean bag? Prolly bigger than the bean bag.... also make sure you are with a fat slow person when you do it.

There is a creek near Lake Tahoe with a heavy Kokanee salmon run in the fall. The black bears are all over that of course... and the tourists from the Bay Area are known for taking selfies with the bears. No Darwin awards yet, but some day. The sad thing is when that happens the bear will be blamed.

Hell you really think those employees are getting out of their vehicle?

This is all drive by material.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Not sure why she'd be facing criminal charges.......just let the wildlife take care of those that want to get too close. Seems like a lot of effort and probably our tax money to track someone down because of a photo op. That's like filing charges for someone getting too close to a water fall. Let people be and allow the chips to fall where they may. We don't need government nannies everywhere.

WRM

WKR
It's been like that forever there tho. Way before social media I was amazed at the Japanese tourists posing as close as they dared (which was wayyyyy too close) to the buffalo--which basically were hanging out at the back door of the lodge. You can understand how they may have thought they somehow were tame. The fact they may act that way 98% of the time doesn't help the idiots. You would think people would have better sense about the animals today, however.

But....those yoga pants woulda choked that bear foh sho.

DanimalW

WKR
Is her last name pronounced “daring”? Still don’t understand how you can charge someone for being stupid if no harm came to the wildlife. Seems dumb on all accounts.

WRM

WKR
She did just make Good Morning America, however.

They had the decency to not mention the yoga pants.

Button

WKR
Some people wouldn’t believe it if I told them shark teeth are sharp and it’s best not to stick their hand in there.

Reactions: WRM

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Is her last name pronounced “daring”? Still don’t understand how you can charge someone for being stupid if no harm came to the wildlife. Seems dumb on all accounts.
While I have not read much about the fool, I would think she will be charged with harassing wild life, something along those lines.