Darwin award:

Beendare

WKR
An aside; I was surprised to see the rangers using paint ball guns on the bears in Yosemite this summer on our annual trip. This is a sea change policy- good.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
While I have not read much about the fool, I would think she will be charged with harassing wild life, something along those lines.
Harassing the wildlife by taking their picture? In that video it looked like she was standing on the sidewalk on this side of the rock built wall as well. Looked like many of the viewing areas they have there to me. Now, was she smart to stand there while the bears came within feet of her? That's beside the point.

They said their regs require you to stay at least 300 feet away from the wildlife. So when you come out of the Lodge or many places in the park and there's a bison standing 3 feet from your truck, you're already in violation and I guess deserve a criminal citation.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
An aside; I was surprised to see the rangers using paint ball guns on the bears in Yosemite this summer on our annual trip. This is a sea change policy- good.
That was probably just support for pride month, and they were trying to paint rainbows on the bears.

Canny

FNG
I’m no longer surprised at people now days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobbyboe

WKR
A joke they are charging her with a crime. Stupid, yes! Criminal, no. Absolute waste of taxpayer money.

MortJ

FNG
We have so many problems like this in BC where tourists think our bears are tame. Hope they charge her.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I remember when I was a kid and we'd go to Yellowstone and the Grizzly bears would come right up to the cars on the road. My mom had all kinds of black and white pictures of that. And no charges were ever filed. We're definitely living in different days, where the government thinks they need to control every aspect of our lives.

Last edited:

HuntingIndian

Lil-Rokslider
It's been like that forever there tho. Way before social media I was amazed at the Japanese tourists posing as close as they dared (which was wayyyyy too close) to the buffalo--which basically were hanging out at the back door of the lodge. You can understand how they may have thought they somehow were tame. The fact they may act that way 98% of the time doesn't help the idiots. You would think people would have better sense about the animals today, however.

But....those yoga pants woulda choked that bear foh sho.

sneaky

"DADDY"
If we're gonna track someone down and charge them with a crime, let's start with whoever sold her those yoga pants.
My buddy calls them yogurt pants. Says that most chicks wearing them need to be eating more yogurt

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I had many encounters with bears when I used to live and work in Yosemite. Nothing like walking out the front door at 545 in the morning to a bear standing about 10 feet from you lol. That wakes you up pretty quick.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk